What's new

Cool or crud

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
3,610
Reaction score
11,521
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800 & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Long shot, I see a 5 on this button but it?s probably well placed crud. What do you see? Found in a very very old spot in central Massachusetts
 

Attachments

  • 505C5078-8DD4-482F-968F-9E1AF24EC0A0.webp
    505C5078-8DD4-482F-968F-9E1AF24EC0A0.webp
    718.9 KB · Views: 142
hard to say, sure looks like a 5 though. Is it possible to clean it up any more?
 
Upvote 0
hard to say, sure looks like a 5 though. Is it possible to clean it up any more?
No, it’s pretty toasty. I pulled it out of a long forgotten colonial road that is now a low wet spot.
 
Upvote 0
No, it’s pretty toasty. I pulled it out of a long forgotten colonial road that is now a low wet spot.

if it were me i would use my stero microscope and some distilled water with my teeny diamond abrasive hand pick. looks like it has a lot of mineralization caked on from that wet spot. I have had luck in the past cleaning up stuff like that.
 
Upvote 0
It does look like a 5, but I think the placement is wrong.
It also looks like there is detail on the left edge.
More careful cleaning is needed to tell for sure.
 
Upvote 0
Based on where it was found but that it probably has no value, I'm going with "cool crud".

SILVER next time out!
 
Upvote 0
Based on where it was found but that it probably has no value, I'm going with "cool crud".

SILVER next time out!
I’m inclined to agree with the crud theory
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
12
Views
1K
Replies
12
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
452

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom