❎ SOLD Copper Culture Rat Tail Spear Point.

BadAdze

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have the opportunity to own part of a culture that was part of the foundation of cold forging weapons. The Old Copper Culture began around 8,000 years ago (YBP) in the upper Midwest. The local natives gathered and mined wide-spread deposits of float copper which were left after the glaciers receded. Among the varied tools, weapons and ornaments made from this 99.9% pure metal was the rat tail point.

This copper design consisted of a pointed leaf-shaped blade and a rounded tail shaft which tapered to a point; like the tail of a rat. The blade and shaft were of varying lengths relative to each other. Most rat tails had a shaft 1.5 to 2 times the length of the blade. The shaft attached to a handle (knife) or a harpoon-spear pole. Some may have had a dual purpose in the case of the awl-knife; a cutting blade and a protruding pointed awl on the opposite side of the tools handle. What is unique about the rat tail design is that it is aesthetically pleasing; in many cases, beautiful. The design is smooth, balanced and "cool" looking to the human mind.

Though greatly promoted as North Ameri*can, the rat tail is in fact, a universal, world wide design. Not only is it pretty to see but its design is quite practical and efficient ergo*nomically. It is a great metal tool and many ancient cultures discovered and used the de*sign.

This point is 4 inches long, just almost as big as they come, out of the ground. This item was inherited, so location of origin is unknown. Age of item is approx 3-8 thousand years. These items sell for $450.00 being this big. $300.00 will put this piece in the mail with shipping insurance, so it arrives safe and secure to your home, where you will enjoy years of conversation about the item.

NO REASONABLE OFFER REFUSED!!!!

100_2378 (392x800).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BadAdze

BadAdze

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inherited piece, no way of knowing. Sorry, i thought i put that in the description.

OP
OP
BadAdze

BadAdze

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send me your Email address in a personal message and i will be glad to send photos.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread