What's new

Copper Culture Tool ID Needed

mick56

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2007
Messages
1,348
Reaction score
1,149
Golden Thread
1
Location
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Just found this in Central Wis., it does seem like a copper culture artifact, but what is it? I spent some of time on Google, but I did not find anything that looks like this. It weighs 4 oz.
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    249.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    263.7 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 0
How thin is it?

Could be a lanceolate with a bent tail.
 
How thin is it?

Could be a lanceolate with a bent tail.

It could be that or it may be an Awl. We had a member that was really good at IDing Cooper pieces but I don't think he posts anymore.
 
Can’t help with ID but copper culture is always fascinated me , what’s the story on the find ? Metal detecting or surface find ?
 
Kinda puts me in mind of one of those net making tools , dont know the name.
 
Can’t help with ID but copper culture is always fascinated me , what’s the story on the find ? Metal detecting or surface find ?

I found it while detecting, about 8" down. Thought it was a clad quarter till I dug it up.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom