What's new

Copper disc

Kieth-Tx

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
605
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
Location
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at a site that has been occupied since the 1840's. Have no clue what this is. I thought it was the front of a pocket watch. It has North America and South America on it and in the middle is a belt with what appears to be SCA___... maybe. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Tkimack figured out below that it is a Schlitz beer symbol....anybody have an idea what it was? It is heavy...but not heavy enough for a buckle.
Thanks Tkimack.
 

Attachments

  • Detect 005.webp
    Detect 005.webp
    55.3 KB · Views: 555
  • Detect 006.webp
    Detect 006.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 541
  • Detect 007.webp
    Detect 007.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 539
I googled it and found alot of different sites,I liked this one: Student Conservation Assc.
 
Upvote 0
I've tried manipulating the pic and I think I see SCANEA but nothing likely comes up when searching that name :dontknow:

I presume it is a badge/pin.

Mike
 
Upvote 0
The bottom part is not shaped like South America, if so, Chile has gained weight; lol. Can you clean it a little better so we can see the letters. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Its the old Schlitz brewery logo. I had a belt buckle with that logo on it.
 

Attachments

  • 3115963331_8e02a48213.webp
    3115963331_8e02a48213.webp
    57.1 KB · Views: 473
Upvote 0
tkimack said:
Its the old Schlitz brewery logo. I had a belt buckle with that logo on it.
Cool ID. :headbang:

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Noticed the additional question in original post. I think tkimack got it. The piece found was the decorative piece attached to front of belt buckle :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
tkimack said:
Its the old Schlitz brewery logo. I had a belt buckle with that logo on it.
Great ID tkimack!! :hello2: I thought this was going to go unsolved.
 
Upvote 0
LOL I Think it's from Schlitz TAP

Although I Havn't found the Exact one.
it's probably from a Ball
on a Barrel Tap.

tap03.webp

Found one the Exact Shape Once for Yuengling.
Took it out to The Brewery & They told me.

are you Sure it's not Brass ?
Mine felt more like Brass
 
Upvote 0
jeff of pa said:
LOL I Think it's from Schlitz TAP

Although I Havn't found the Exact one.
it's probably from a Ball
on a Barrel Tap.




Found one the Exact Shape Once for Yuengling.
Took it out to The Brewery & They told me.

are you Sure it's not Brass ?
Mine felt more like Brass

Well done Jeff :icon_thumright: Green check on this one. The longtitudes/latitudes on buckle not on relic or ID :occasion14:
 
Upvote 0
I think Jeff is correct. You can see the word Schlitz has worn off.
 
Upvote 0
I think green check on this one :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Jeff! Just got back from deer hunting and saw the posts. Daughter got a spike...first deer. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom