What's new

Copper effigy plate.

digordie

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Messages
361
Reaction score
125
Golden Thread
0
These are pieces of an effigy plate I found detecting. You can see an obvious sea shell pattern in the top right piece and left piece. The rest is too damaged to make out.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20130802_223502.webp
    ForumRunner_20130802_223502.webp
    143.7 KB · Views: 116
  • ForumRunner_20130802_223534.webp
    ForumRunner_20130802_223534.webp
    157.1 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0
Pictures posted rotated. Shell pattern is now on the left.
 
Just imagine that when made. I have so much to learn with copper culture stuff. I appreciate you sharing. You alway find a lot and imagine you are getting a nice collection. Thanks!
 
Just imagine that when made. I have so much to learn with copper culture stuff. I appreciate you sharing. You alway find a lot and imagine you are getting a nice collection. Thanks!

Thanks. I love detecting because where there is copper there is stone artifacts as well. I wish I had more time to look though. The part I have the hardest time with is the identification. Drives me crazy wondering what some things are.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom