What's new

Copper Flask Top??

Ripcon

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2016
Messages
725
Reaction score
1,246
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this copper top to some type of can or flask yesterday at an 1835 Mississippi plantation site. This item shows evidence of being in a firepit.
My question is this: What type of can or flask did this go on? Possible powder can? I did notice some holes similar to those you see on salt shakers in the top of the lid. Is this some type of salt container? Any help or ideas is appreciated. Thanks!
cantop1.webp
cantop2.webp
cantop3.webp
 
It looks more like a top to talc powder.
 
Upvote 0
Yup, top from an antique talcum powder tin. I’ve found a few over the years exploring old ghost town dumps.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1595179759.584053.webp
 
Upvote 0
his lid is missing the holes like on your talc tin I was thinking tooth powder . I used to use this stuff back in the day. images (2).webp
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys!! Talc powder can it is. Looks like you are spot on. Thanks for the picture as well.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom