What's new

Copper hoarders dream box!!!

zmemarine

Full Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
151
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Went to a bank I usually only get one box of pennies from, but I decided to ask for two since I couldn't get one from my other bank. I'm glad I did.
The first box she gave me was all 2008d pennies which I wasn't too mad since they sell for about 50 bucks on ebay. I asked her if she had any customer rolls so I could have a little copper fix for the day. She didn't but the teller next to her said "I just had a customer bring in a whole box of pennies" . She opened it up and the wrappers were old and faded.SWWWEEEET. Wheat pennies started to flood my imagination. I opened up a sampler in the car and the whole roll was copper all 1980 and before with most of them being BU coins. Long story short the whole box was solid copper with only 4 wheaties and also a proof 1978s penny my first. It usually takes about 150 dollars worth of pennies to get that much copper.

Semper Fi
 
Upvote 0
really? A box of 2008D pennies sells for $50 on ebay? Dang. I gotta look. I've returned two with disappointment. (oops!)

Oh, and good find on the copper too. :tongue3:
 
Nice score- a 17 lb. box!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom