What's new

Copper Morph

TxTim

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
2,735
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Just an observation.
It seems like this board is shifting it's searching attention more toward copper these days. ;)
I should have a Ryedale by next week.
 
Upvote 0
If I had the ratios on halves that others had, I wouldn't THINK of "pennies". I don't (16 boxes of halves = 11 skunks and only one box had more than 1 keeper in it.), so cents it is. The profit for those working halves is much higher though if they are in a productive area. You gotta do what works where you are. Or mix the two.
 
Tim by my calculations with over 5000 halves for the year your gettin plenty, save the pennies for the less fortunates. Have a heart for your dump bank too- waite till the tellers have to change the penny bag a dozen times, they may not want your halves anymore either haha. You better cater in some BBQ and beer instead of just donuts haha. I found a $30 bag of pennies takes as long as a $5-600 bag of halves to run- I just couldn't stand there for an hour to walk out with $100. All kidding aside- good luck with the pennies (traitor j/k). HH Mark
 
ME_CO said:
Tim by my calculations with over 5000 halves for the year your gettin plenty, save the pennies for the less fortunates. Have a heart for your dump bank too- waite till the tellers have to change the penny bag a dozen times, they may not want your halves anymore either haha. You better cater in some BBQ and beer instead of just donuts haha. I found a $30 bag of pennies takes as long as a $5-600 bag of halves to run- I just couldn't stand there for an hour to walk out with $100. All kidding aside- good luck with the pennies (traitor j/k). HH Mark

I'll be darned- you're right - didn't even realize I hit 5K!!!- Thanks for telling me. ;D

I just really get a kick out of being able to find all this old stuff circulating.

In a logical sense it is a no-brainer when you are able to buy anything that can be sold for 100%+ profit albeit a single penny.
Volume tips the economy of scale in your favor and there is always a great chance of finding a valuable coin.
The Ryedale machine really intrigues me - it just makes sense to use a tool that will increase productivity exponentially.

You must have a coin counter that is antique at your dump bank. Sorry about that - try to find a bank that will take your full bags and you can eliminate that step in the process - it can kill your profit (if you are so inclined), when you have to spend that much time with your dumps. I know it's mostly a great hobby but that kind of drudgery takes a little thrill out of it and makes it more of a chore than a fun activity.

Good luck, pard!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom