What's new

Deus 2 Stereo Headphones

sibbley

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2023
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
5,136
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, XP Deus 2, Deeptech Vista X, Nokta Makro Invenio Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got my stereo headphones. Spent a half hour in my back yard just trying out the presets. I have to say, unless the targets found are all iron falses, I heard a lot more than I've heard in a while back there. Mostly 25-41 vdi, probably bits of aluminum and foil, but you never know. I think I liked Morph 2 the best. Have to wait for the weekend to spend any real time giving them a go.

Anybody else want to weigh in with they're thoughts?
 
Went out today to a spot that I've worked hard. Used Morph-1, Morph-2, and Dual React. Pretty much everything under VDI of 64 was trash. Everything 65 to 77 was iron. Only had one really good tone, a 96 which turned out to be a 1973 Memorial (I don't remember which preset I was using when the penny was found). I ended the day using Duel React, I think I like using it most. Seemed to hit on more non-ferrous (trash) with less iron falsing. I made NO changes to the presets, just used factory defaults. I was also using the HF2 coil. Lots of aluminum bits and beaver tails today, dug very little iron.

Going to hit another spot tomorrow. I'll try using the 11" coil to get more ground coverage. I should have done that today; there was no way I could cover the ground I needed to with the HF2.
 
Never got out on Sunday, it rained while I was doing morning chores. So, we just kept doing chores. I'm really itching to get back out and see if I can pull more goodies from the iron patches at our usual permission.
 
Went out today to a spot that I've worked hard. Used Morph-1, Morph-2, and Dual React. Pretty much everything under VDI of 64 was trash. Everything 65 to 77 was iron. Only had one really good tone, a 96 which turned out to be a 1973 Memorial (I don't remember which preset I was using when the penny was found). I ended the day using Duel React, I think I like using it most. Seemed to hit on more non-ferrous (trash) with less iron falsing. I made NO changes to the presets, just used factory defaults. I was also using the HF2 coil. Lots of aluminum bits and beaver tails today, dug very little iron.

Going to hit another spot tomorrow. I'll try using the 11" coil to get more ground coverage. I should have done that today; there was no way I could cover the ground I needed to with the HF2.
How long have you been using the Deus ll?
65-77 are good numbers.
 
How long have you been using the Deus ll?
65-77 are good numbers.
Deus 2, couple years, on and off, stereo headphones couple days.

65-77 was iron on Saturday using the stereo headphones. The few pieces of iron I dug sounded good both ways. Pretty sure it was iron falsing. I was getting beaver tails at 64. Thought they would be nickels every time, lol.

All the VDI were different. Memorial hit very high 96. Not sure if it's the stereo headphones or the combination of the stereo and HF2. Need to get out with the 9" and 11" and see what happens.
 
After getting out today, I'm sure the VDI changes with the combination of stereo headphones/HF2 coil. I used the 11" coil this morning and hit a memorial penny at 84. VDI seemed to be what I'm used to. Once I paired the HF2 coil, VDI was running higher again with stereo headphone on. I hit a scout neckerchief slide at 99. Those always used to be between 88-92. I'm going to have learn VDI all over again.

I spent most of the day using dual react. Dug NO iron. Did dig lots of trash though. No changes made to any settings. All factory default sensitive full tones with dual react on.
 
Did some playing around last night just in the garage. It should have occurred to me earlier, it's the frequency max. The higher the frequency max the higher the VDI go. Put my frequency max at 29khz and the VDI are what I'm used to.
 
Some finds from today after adding the Forager program to the WS6 Master last night. Nice program that uses Morph 2, worked really well on first time out. I used a max of 29khz with the HF2 coil.


Forager



Also wanted to show the neckerchief slide I found Saturday. I think these guys the "Tiger Cubs".

P1002747_DxO.webp
 
Going out today. Going to do some grid searching in the area that I've been finding good non-ferrous targets in the iron. First time grid searching at this location, it's done me well in the past, so I hope to find more. I think I'm going to use the Relic program today and setup Morph 2 the way it's setup in Forager, then tweak from there.

I've done pretty well with the stereo headphones, so my wife has decided to buy a pair. I do have an issue with the back phones. They seem a bit tight on my right ear and after a couple hours I get some soreness behind the right ear. I don't have this issue with the WSAII back phones.
 
No stereo setting for Relic program, at least on the WS6 Master. Didn't find much today. Took 2 hours to do a 10'x10' area in every direction.
 
Yesterday's gridding finds, and wife's field find.

 
I like the dog! Nice hunt!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom