What's new

Copper or brass decorative object

Detector mom

Full Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
129
Reaction score
268
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
white's mdx 300; simplex plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found near an old house that has been continually occupied for nearly 200 years. Looks decorative and like it has a second piece inside.
 

Attachments

  • 9902EC2E-F8DD-401D-B675-B486DCE97CB3.webp
    9902EC2E-F8DD-401D-B675-B486DCE97CB3.webp
    365.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 9F6D13A8-537B-4BEB-ACAB-B9EA29F4491A.webp
    9F6D13A8-537B-4BEB-ACAB-B9EA29F4491A.webp
    360.7 KB · Views: 96
Stripper clip for ammo. Holds 5 rounds and you put it in the stripper clip guide and push the rounds into a bolt action rifle typically and discard the clip. Such as depicted below.

I've got a few hundred or so around here with ammo in them for my military surplus rifles. So it's anyone's guess as to when it was lost. Cool find none-the-less.....


20201128_193925.webp

220px-K98kclip.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's one with rounded edges similar to yours. The ones in this picture are for a French MAS series rifle, not saying that is what yours is for. Just showing one more similar to yours.

20201128_204915.webp
 
Upvote 0
One final note, stripper clips have been in use from 1889 (With the advent of the Mauser Model 1889 rifle) upto present day. So you have a 131 year range there. If you can find any markings we could narrow it down more. When I get time I'll see if I can narrow it down some more for you.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom