What's new

Copper piece with letters & numbers , but what is it?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copper piece with letters & numbers , but what is it?

I dug this thin stamped copper piece out in the woods at an old property where I find CW relics. Once I got it flattened out I could make out some letters and numbers on it. It looks very old and the numbers look to be the same style as you would see on 1800's coins.
There is also a design but I can't tell what it is.
Can anyone figure out what this piece is and what it may have said? :dontknow:

Thanks,
MM
 

Attachments

  • MVC-205S.webp
    MVC-205S.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 383
  • MVC-205S.webp
    MVC-205S.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 376
Re: Copper piece with letters & numbers , but what is it?

a maNUFACTUring spec plate or ID plate of some sort maybe :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Copper piece with letters & numbers , but what is it?

Is it curved? Maybe a seal to a medicine/pill bottle? This one is about 1 3/4" diameter.

2ns02eo.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: Copper piece with letters & numbers , but what is it?

Thanks. "Manufacture" has to be it.
Not sure if the piece was curved originally? It was pretty bent up until I flattened it out.
-MM-
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom