traderoftreasures
Bronze Member
- Joined
- May 9, 2009
- Messages
- 2,211
- Reaction score
- 7
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- central, Illinois
- Detector(s) used
- white's spectrum VX3
n.v.
?0.0.7??
)ya that blood blister... that was at the bottom. smashed er good.Blacksheep said:Valve cover as noted, perhaps not for a tire but some other type of shrader type valve.
(That blood-blister under your nail brings back memories of pinched fingers and teeny-tiny drill bits to relieve the pressure)



I believe you are correct. Its old style Model T perhaps. Schrader valve cover from a tire. Yes, plenty have been found and posted.trikikiwi said:It looks like the cap to an air valve on an pneumatic tyre (tire).
Plenty have been found by other TNet members.
Mike
Thanks Mate, I feel exonerated.bigcypresshunter said:I believe you are correct. Its old style Model T perhaps. Schrader valve cover from a tire. Yes, plenty have been found and posted.trikikiwi said:It looks like the cap to an air valve on an pneumatic tyre (tire).
Plenty have been found by other TNet members.
Mike

Apparently the old Model T Ford valve stems covers were much larger. I believe it is indeed from a tire.traderoftreasure said:thanks everyone for your help it's for sure a valve stem cover i see... just a larger valve then a tire
thanks bch... i had just discovered that i was m-d'ing on an old roadbigcypresshunter said:Apparently the old Model T Ford valve stems covers were much larger. I believe it is indeed from a tire.traderoftreasure said:thanks everyone for your help it's for sure a valve stem cover i see... just a larger valve then a tire
