What's new

Copper Vase - Help To ID

Cariboo5

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,665
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm watching this listing on this copper vase and cannot find any information on it. Appears to have some age
as there looks like some copper peeling at the base. Does any one know the style, pattern, symbols or history? Thanks...

Copper2.webp....Copper3.webp.....Copper4.webp.....Copper5.webp
 
I would class that as an “Arts and Crafts Movement” repoussé copper jardinière, which would put it somewhere between 1880-1920 and likely not the earlier half of that period. I don’t think there’s anything particular about the style or decoration that enables much more to be said, apart from it might be French.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks again Red-Coat, The closest I could find is the Kashmiri style. I'd say your time frame is bang on according to the condition of the vase.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom