What's new

Cornfield Largie

toasted

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
14,368
Golden Thread
5
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took a short stroll through the freshly plowed cornfield tonight. Worked a little rise in the field away from the old homesite. Ive been getting some flat buttons in that area and got some more tonight including the buckle? piece. Got a real faint high tone but was thinking deep big iron. Signal got better as I dug down to see the the big green disk. 1817 with a lot of meat left on it
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    314.1 KB · Views: 121
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    258.2 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 42
Great large. Congratulations.
 
Sweet day! Glad you were able to get out in the field. Best of luck and happy hunting!
 
Nice copper. I'm intrigued by that eagle button. Is that the back?
 
Nice copper. I'm intrigued by that eagle button. Is that the back?

Must be an optical illusion. Three are just your standard 19th century and one is tombac
 
Sweet finds as always keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Must be an optical illusion. Three are just your standard 19th century and one is tombac

First thing I noticed was the eagle on that button as well. Cool finds toast!
 
First thing I noticed was the eagle on that button as well. Cool finds toast!

I just double checked and it is indeed an eagle but it is on the back and just says standard rich colour. Front is toasted but looks plain
 
Last edited:
Nice shape on the large cent! Congrats. -Lisa & John
 
Great find. Gotta love digging those Large Cents.
 
I like the largie... plenty of detail left, and nice patina... 199 year old coin is always a good thing.

Congrats Toasty!
 
Great LC, Buckle and buttons !!!! Congrats and HH
 
Congrats on the 1817 toasted. :occasion14: Looks like you have another great spot to hunt on occasion. :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom