XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to by a detector next week and set my sites on the vaquero.:) Just wanted to ask about the Top of the line tesoro if anyone has used it and how do you like it? Would you buy it again? What is depth like and is it better or worth the extra money. Anything else you care to add would be appreciated......Thanks:)

I can recommend the Lobo Super Traq depending where you are searching. For fields there are better detectors than the Lobo. I also have a Tejon that goes much deeper then the Lobo but is not so clear in giving you information by sound like the Lobo. I know that the Lobo model is 20 years old but i never had a better detector for coins an jewelery ( i found 5 gold rings with it the past 6 months)
I'm using the Lobo in parcs, grasfields, playgrounds and have very good results with it. Places where i was before with my Fisher Goldbug Pro and Teknetics 8000 are now producing with my Lobo like i didn't was there before. The Lobo has for me 2 big advantages : low discrimination to get rid of pultabs and beavertails and still picking up all the coins, gold+silver, very easy in operating (groundbalaning is very simple) I think that +- 60 % of my digs are good finds.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While the Lobo Super Traq CAN be used as a coin and jewelry machine, that is not was it is designed to do. When used in the All Metal mode it is a killer on raw gold nuggets - what it was designed to find. However, when you pop it into the Discriminate mode, it goes into a "preset" ground balance, just like a Cibola or Silver uMax but, running at 17.5kHz it is NOT going to hit coins much deeper than 7" in most soils.

My advice, get the Outlaw three coil package!

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Cortes is a fun machine to use. But I wouldn't buy a new one. For that price there are a lot of better choices.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lobo Super Trac underestimated machine compared to the Tejon, Vaquero and the Outlaw, not a bad choice to consider here I do agree, depth seperation coil size and hits hard on gold, great machine. Solid. The Lobo sets it above the rest when comparing the results of small gold nugget shooting detector to the coin detecting even in trashy tot parks this detector will bring joy to you. Nothing in the Tesoro brand hit's harder on gold and jewerly then the Lobo, that is what makes it an under estimated machine even though it has been around for 20 years...it has proven itself as a classic detector. Wise choice indeed can't go wrong.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh by the way don't take my word for it. I don't need to use one to state the above just have to read the great reports that everyone has mentioned from their past experience with this machine to instill what would be a great detector, why because it has been around that long that's why and I trust Tesoro. Period.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take Scannerguy word for it see for yourself.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best all around Tesoro Imo is the Vaquero. Stock 9 x 8 or 8 x 12 rsd and 5.75 concentric is all you need for all applications. It is deeper than the other ones mentioned and hits well on gold and coins. Get the high tone version.

Pablo1961

Greenie
Mar 22, 2017
New Baden
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism
Whites V3i
Tesoro Outlaw
Corteś
LST
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Outlaw, based on the 3 coil deal. The machine does a fine job finding coins.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the little brother Deleon. Wouldn't buy it new either but I got a good deal.
I use mine as a coin shooter mostly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread