Thanks for the reply, that's what I had allready thought - the spanish police probably wouldn't bother the detecting tourists too much as long as we stay on the beaches and as long as there aren't too many hunters or any complaints against beach hunters. I love Spain and beach detecting there, had 3 gold and 2 silver in two days this May in Mallorca. Maybe I'm going again for a week around Christmas. 340 Euros in 3 afternoons is very impressive, never found as much. That would almost pay for a week of vacation. Just got back from Turkey last week. Didn't have any problems there either. Nobody cared about me bringing the detector, the assistant hotel general manager came to watch me detecting the beach, said: "Ah - a detector! OK." and left. (only found 1 small wedding band, about 100 russian coins, turkish and other foreign coins. Had expected to find more jewelry though. Well- maybe next time. HH Chris