What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Could you help identify this?

Joined
Jun 17, 2023
Messages
12
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
I Don't have any guesses on what it could be so I would really appreciate any help, the hardness should be above 4! Thanks in advance!
 

Attachments

  • 20230701_140853.webp
    20230701_140853.webp
    427.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 20230701_140858.webp
    20230701_140858.webp
    423.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230701_140903.webp
    20230701_140903.webp
    510.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 20230701_140911.webp
    20230701_140911.webp
    455.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230701_140918.webp
    20230701_140918.webp
    392.7 KB · Views: 62
Looks like you need to invest in a rocks/minerals/gems book!
 
Upvote 0
It's crystalline quartz on a host rock. I can't tell from photos what the underlying host rock is. Esteban, similar to the inside of a geode but the crystals form on outside of rocks besides on the inside as in geodes. Were the crystals a bit smaller it would be called "druzy" or sometimes "drusy" quartz. Very cool specimen!
 
Upvote 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom