What's new

Counter Stamped KG1, Shoe buckles and guts, and silver

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Had a quick hunt this morning out on Eastern LI. I didn't have the energy to go the the spot I wanted out on an island, but I did hit another spot I had in my back pocket.

I didn't have a signal for about 2 hrs. I followed my game plan and upon nearing the actual home location I had a penny signal. Out popped a KG1 ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463324237.371413.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463324249.675626.webpi think it's been counter-stamped?

Nearby I found buckle guts

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463324336.666127.webpand about an hour later out popped a shoe buckle frame.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463324352.553880.webpIn the root cellar I found a barber dime. I thought it was going to be older so I snapped a picImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463324375.418203.webp

Finally some more gutsImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463324396.875911.webp

I hunted from 6:30-10, and now it's time to go find some oysters at low tide.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463324479.969856.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463324492.599042.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463324526.761775.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463324553.584809.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463324566.595464.webp

Enjoy your day folks

Steve
 
Upvote 40
Love the old coppers and that shoe buckle is sweet! Congratualtions! :occasion14:
 
Thanks Don. Funny thing is I dig more guts than frames! Haha

If that's the case then you should take a look at my other KG1. Unfortunately soil conditions at most of my sites is bad, causing quite a bit of corrosion. This KG was at least readily identifiable. Anyway, thanks for looking man

You forgot the oysters Rick!!View attachment 1314127

No I didn't, I don't like any of that s...tuff, oysters, clams, mussels, lobsters, crab, or scallops. To those of you you who like them that's great, but to me lobster is just a sea spider with an extra set of grabbers. BTW my dad loves them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom