What's new

Couple Buttons for the Experts...

Swartzie

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
791
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I dug a couple more buttons that I'm not familiar with. The one on the left is shiny as heck. Both came out of the same hole. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks.
-Swartzie
 

Attachments

  • buttons_a.webp
    buttons_a.webp
    34 KB · Views: 188
  • buttons_b.webp
    buttons_b.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 179
Odd combo to be found in the same hole. One on the right is clearly a period flat. Based on wear, I'd have to guess the one on the left is modern but the construction sure doesn't look that way. Very interesting.
 
Upvote 0
Left is Tombac (circa 1800), right is pewter same period.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Left is Tombac (circa 1800), right is pewter same period.


Agreed.
 
Upvote 0
Great eye opener, glad you posted.
 
Upvote 0
You won't see that shank on a repro! Plus they use NS for the tombac look.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom