What's new

Couple more Rosies from the lake.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2013
Messages
9,692
Reaction score
11,296
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1954 and 1955 Roosevelt Dimes, I looked up at a beam right after I found the second Rosie and three inches from my face was one of those wolf spiders. They are freaking me out! I moved from under there to a different spot, digging, digging, and more digging. I'm a miner for gold.
Happy Independence Day everyone!

Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

20150704_142159.webp20150704_142213.webp20150704_144218.webp
 
Upvote 28
WOW Brad, Amazing you just keep on finding the goodies!! Save me a couple and I will be up this late fall. One thing, we may have to drain the place a little me being a foot shorter then you...
 
Good to see your still finding good stuff.

yeah those Wolf Spiders can be Scary 'Big W/Glowing eyes in the right light' , May carry Flesh eating bacteria ???
Tho I doubt it.

Honestly the Hornets & Wasps bother me more.
Davers
 
Must be no end to the goodies in that lake. Nice finds.
 
WOW Brad, Amazing you just keep on finding the goodies!! Save me a couple and I will be up this late fall. One thing, we may have to drain the place a little me being a foot shorter then you...
I got my drill ready, I think I'm going to the other lake tomorrow. I just had an old friend call asking advice, his youngest son has got the metal detecting bug, I'm going to show him water hunting. I gave him one of my four pin pointers yesterday

Good to see your still finding good stuff.

yeah those Wolf Spiders can be Scary 'Big W/Glowing eyes in the right light' , May carry Flesh eating bacteria ???
Tho I doubt it.

Honestly the Hornets & Wasps bother me more.
Davers
Thanks, I was going to kill him then walked/floated away.

Must be no end to the goodies in that lake. Nice finds.
There has to be, but there also has to be some other good areas, it's a big lake.
 
Your going to lower the water lvl in that lake with all the stuff your pulling out
 
Congrats on the Rosies Brad! :occasion14:

Watch out for the spiders, ants, ticks, snakes, bees, ... now what was I talking about again? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

Dave

 
Nice job on the roosies, but I would've run like a chick if I saw one of those ugly spiders
 
Last edited:
You do know that spider is guarding the Morgan, right?
 
Awesome! 2 silvers! What's an eight legged friend for, ask him where the silver dollars are!
 
Nice silver recovery under the careful eye of Mr. Wolf!
 
Still waiting to see that "big spill" that is waiting to be found............:laughing7::laughing7:
 
WHAT YA SAY TREBLE HOOK . I SEE THE FEISH ARE STILL SPAWNING GOTCHA SELF A PEICE OF TIRE CHAIN AND ROSABELTS THATS NOT BAD MAYBE NEED TO CHANGE YOUR BAIT. AND FOR DEM WOLF SPIDERS DANG THINGS ARE ABOUT 3 INCHES LONG AROUND MY HOUSE . ANYWAY NICE CATCH FOR THE DAY.
 
Congrats on the Rosies Brad! :occasion14:

Watch out for the spiders, ants, ticks, snakes, bees, ... now what was I talking about again? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

Dave


Nice job on the roosies, but I would've run like a chick if I saw one of those ugly spiders

You do know that spider is guarding the Morgan, right?

Awesome! 2 silvers! What's an eight legged friend for, ask him where the silver dollars are!

Nice silver recovery under the careful eye of Mr. Wolf!

Still waiting to see that "big spill" that is waiting to be found............:laughing7::laughing7:

WHAT YA SAY TREBLE HOOK . I SEE THE FEISH ARE STILL SPAWNING GOTCHA SELF A PEICE OF TIRE CHAIN AND ROSABELTS THATS NOT BAD MAYBE NEED TO CHANGE YOUR BAIT. AND FOR DEM WOLF SPIDERS DANG THINGS ARE ABOUT 3 INCHES LONG AROUND MY HOUSE . ANYWAY NICE CATCH FOR THE DAY.

Nice digs.

Thanks everyone, I should of killed the spider but was afraid I'd make him mad. I'm headed over with my friends youngest son, I'm outfitting him with the AT Pro, he has never water hunted and is very new to the whole metal detecting thing. His father told me he is addicted so he will fit in just fine with me. I'm going to try and get him under the pier, but I have to be careful I don't mess things up with the lifeguards and club officials. They might not like a little kid under there. Hope to post finds later today and get him a user name so he can tell you all about it.
 
Your going to lower the water lvl in that lake with all the stuff your pulling out

I hope so, then I won't have to spend all that money on a hooka rig.
 
Congrats TH, Thats a...
wholelottarosie.webp

Sub 8-)
 
Last edited:
TrebleHALF...getting to be slim pickins man what's going on? Lol...keep up the good work we want to see more halfs!
 
I heard the ground is shifting in your area. Turns out the tectonic plates have had "significant weight" lifted off of them in the last month or so, causing a shift. Just a few tremors have been reported around that lake of yours...You wouldn't know any reason why this is happening would you?
 
Congrats TH, Thats a...
View attachment 1183245

Sub 8-)

TrebleHALF...getting to be slim pickins man what's going on? Lol...keep up the good work we want to see more halfs!

I heard the ground is shifting in your area. Turns out the tectonic plates have had "significant weight" lifted off of them in the last month or so, causing a shift. Just a few tremors have been reported around that lake of yours...You wouldn't know any reason why this is happening would you?

You guys are all very funny.
Thanks for the comments!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom