New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1954 and 1955 Roosevelt Dimes, I looked up at a beam right after I found the second Rosie and three inches from my face was one of those wolf spiders. They are freaking me out! I moved from under there to a different spot, digging, digging, and more digging. I'm a miner for gold.
Happy Independence Day everyone!

Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

20150704_142159.jpg 20150704_142213.jpg 20150704_144218.jpg

Upvote 14

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW Brad, Amazing you just keep on finding the goodies!! Save me a couple and I will be up this late fall. One thing, we may have to drain the place a little me being a foot shorter then you...

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see your still finding good stuff.

yeah those Wolf Spiders can be Scary 'Big W/Glowing eyes in the right light' , May carry Flesh eating bacteria ???
Tho I doubt it.

Honestly the Hornets & Wasps bother me more.
Davers

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be no end to the goodies in that lake. Nice finds.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW Brad, Amazing you just keep on finding the goodies!! Save me a couple and I will be up this late fall. One thing, we may have to drain the place a little me being a foot shorter then you...
I got my drill ready, I think I'm going to the other lake tomorrow. I just had an old friend call asking advice, his youngest son has got the metal detecting bug, I'm going to show him water hunting. I gave him one of my four pin pointers yesterday

Good to see your still finding good stuff.

yeah those Wolf Spiders can be Scary 'Big W/Glowing eyes in the right light' , May carry Flesh eating bacteria ???
Tho I doubt it.

Honestly the Hornets & Wasps bother me more.
Davers
Thanks, I was going to kill him then walked/floated away.

Must be no end to the goodies in that lake. Nice finds.
There has to be, but there also has to be some other good areas, it's a big lake.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your going to lower the water lvl in that lake with all the stuff your pulling out

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the Rosies Brad! :occasion14:

Watch out for the spiders, ants, ticks, snakes, bees, ... now what was I talking about again? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

Dave

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the roosies, but I would've run like a chick if I saw one of those ugly spiders

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You do know that spider is guarding the Morgan, right?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! 2 silvers! What's an eight legged friend for, ask him where the silver dollars are!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice silver recovery under the careful eye of Mr. Wolf!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still waiting to see that "big spill" that is waiting to be found............:laughing7::laughing7:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WHAT YA SAY TREBLE HOOK . I SEE THE FEISH ARE STILL SPAWNING GOTCHA SELF A PEICE OF TIRE CHAIN AND ROSABELTS THATS NOT BAD MAYBE NEED TO CHANGE YOUR BAIT. AND FOR DEM WOLF SPIDERS DANG THINGS ARE ABOUT 3 INCHES LONG AROUND MY HOUSE . ANYWAY NICE CATCH FOR THE DAY.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Rosies Brad! :occasion14:

Watch out for the spiders, ants, ticks, snakes, bees, ... now what was I talking about again? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

Dave

Nice job on the roosies, but I would've run like a chick if I saw one of those ugly spiders

You do know that spider is guarding the Morgan, right?

Awesome! 2 silvers! What's an eight legged friend for, ask him where the silver dollars are!

Nice silver recovery under the careful eye of Mr. Wolf!

Still waiting to see that "big spill" that is waiting to be found............:laughing7::laughing7:

WHAT YA SAY TREBLE HOOK . I SEE THE FEISH ARE STILL SPAWNING GOTCHA SELF A PEICE OF TIRE CHAIN AND ROSABELTS THATS NOT BAD MAYBE NEED TO CHANGE YOUR BAIT. AND FOR DEM WOLF SPIDERS DANG THINGS ARE ABOUT 3 INCHES LONG AROUND MY HOUSE . ANYWAY NICE CATCH FOR THE DAY.

Nice digs.

Thanks everyone, I should of killed the spider but was afraid I'd make him mad. I'm headed over with my friends youngest son, I'm outfitting him with the AT Pro, he has never water hunted and is very new to the whole metal detecting thing. His father told me he is addicted so he will fit in just fine with me. I'm going to try and get him under the pier, but I have to be careful I don't mess things up with the lifeguards and club officials. They might not like a little kid under there. Hope to post finds later today and get him a user name so he can tell you all about it.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your going to lower the water lvl in that lake with all the stuff your pulling out

I hope so, then I won't have to spend all that money on a hooka rig.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats TH, Thats a...
wholelottarosie.jpg

Sub 8-)

Last edited:

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TrebleHALF...getting to be slim pickins man what's going on? Lol...keep up the good work we want to see more halfs!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I heard the ground is shifting in your area. Turns out the tectonic plates have had "significant weight" lifted off of them in the last month or so, causing a shift. Just a few tremors have been reported around that lake of yours...You wouldn't know any reason why this is happening would you?

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats TH, Thats a...
View attachment 1183245

Sub 8-)

TrebleHALF...getting to be slim pickins man what's going on? Lol...keep up the good work we want to see more halfs!

I heard the ground is shifting in your area. Turns out the tectonic plates have had "significant weight" lifted off of them in the last month or so, causing a shift. Just a few tremors have been reported around that lake of yours...You wouldn't know any reason why this is happening would you?

You guys are all very funny.
Thanks for the comments!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread