What's new

Couple of items

FunWithTreasure

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
783
Reaction score
347
Golden Thread
0
Howdy I found this token today while diving and detecting. Anyone have any info for it? Maybe a date? Also found this hair barett looking for a date on it. Its 4 inches long by 1 inch wide made completely of either brass or copper?
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 408
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 412
  • MVC-009F.webp
    MVC-009F.webp
    67.7 KB · Views: 405
  • MVC-010F.webp
    MVC-010F.webp
    68 KB · Views: 415
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 394
  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 393
  • MVC-009F.webp
    MVC-009F.webp
    67.7 KB · Views: 398
  • MVC-010F.webp
    MVC-010F.webp
    68 KB · Views: 399
The token looks one from the early Presidential sets. I think the early sets were offered by cigarette companies. The later were given away by gas stations. I think they started in the late 30's??? Tony
 
Upvote 0
Tony in SC said:
The token looks one from the early Presidential sets. I think the early sets were offered by cigarette companies. The later were given away by gas stations. I think they started in the late 30's??? Tony
Yes. You may be correct. This is an early set. They were posted here before but I couldnt pin down the date. It can be dated by the last president.

Yes, there were several similar presidential gas station give away sets in the 60's and 70's. This different earlier set is recognized by the date above the head.

president adams.webppresident grant.webppresident garfield.webpPresident madison.webppresident_jefferson_date_above_back.webppresidential token tyler.webppresidential token washington.webppesidential token madison.webp
 

Attachments

  • president grant.webp
    president grant.webp
    41.1 KB · Views: 300
  • president adams.webp
    president adams.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 367
  • president garfield.webp
    president garfield.webp
    6.6 KB · Views: 311
  • President madison.webp
    President madison.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 345
  • president_jefferson_date_above_back.webp
    president_jefferson_date_above_back.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 306
  • presidential token tyler.webp
    presidential token tyler.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 363
  • presidential token washington.webp
    presidential token washington.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 355
Upvote 0
The other item looks to be a late Victorian 'hair clip.' Nice finds, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
And I also have a complete set of very similar "coins" put out by Reader's Digest in the 1970s I think. Monty
 

Attachments

  • Home cache 001.webp
    Home cache 001.webp
    75.4 KB · Views: 313
  • Home cache 001.webp
    Home cache 001.webp
    75.4 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0
the hairclip is actually from the late 80's it was silver plated it was 'posed to go at the top of a dutch braid as it ran down the side of the head i cant find a pic of it tho
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom