What's new

Couple of Jaspers

scepter1

Sr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
361
Reaction score
525
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just found the first one. It's a little over 2" long. Side A is completey worked, and Side B is mostly unworked. The second one I found last year. From the Puget sound area, Western Washington.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0003 cropped.jpg 2.webp
    DSCF0003 cropped.jpg 2.webp
    98.6 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCF0003 cropped.webp
    DSCF0003 cropped.webp
    30 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCF0001.webp
    DSCF0001.webp
    86.6 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCF0023.webp
    DSCF0023.webp
    453.2 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCF0019.webp
    DSCF0019.webp
    394.6 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 0
Love it!! We have some jasper here. Most key brown but info have some red. All the way in maryland.
 
very nice congrats HH.
 
cool looking point,thanks for the look
 
Love the red. I wish I could find some that color.
 
love jasper....I have red ones, yellow, tan, green and dark brown...all from Washington. I walk by and ignore fist size chunks of Jasper on my walks all the time, it is so common a stone.
 
Forgot I have an insitu photograph... Question on the long flake scar that resembles a 'flute'. I haven't seen any of these, are they common? Was it the last part of the knapping work?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0640.webp
    IMG_0640.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
that is a really eye-catching photo of the point as you found it!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom