What's new

Couple of unknowns

bclark

Full Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2007
Messages
227
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these two Sunday during a hunt. Any help would be appreciated. The first picture is made of brass, about the size of a zippo. I have it standing in a water hose connection to show the section that is curved out. My first thought it a horn mouth piece but not sure, never seen anything like it. The second picture is iron and underneath the item is flat and with not markings that are visible. The top piece has the star and the edge has a piece that comes off of it. Wish I could have found the other piece that was broken off. I found it next to a small stone structure that was dug into the earth. My military instincts make me think this was a fox hole but could be a cellar. The structure had rebar supporting the stones in the corners and my friend found a horseshoe inside. The iron piece is about the size of a burner on a stove. My guess is a wood burning stove cover plate. Any help would be appreciated, thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2396.webp
    100_2396.webp
    49 KB · Views: 533
  • 100_2397.webp
    100_2397.webp
    62.7 KB · Views: 531
  • 100_2399.webp
    100_2399.webp
    78.2 KB · Views: 524
  • 100_2396.webp
    100_2396.webp
    49 KB · Views: 520
  • 100_2397.webp
    100_2397.webp
    62.7 KB · Views: 530
  • 100_2399.webp
    100_2399.webp
    78.2 KB · Views: 529
Don't know about the first item, but the second one is Captain America's Shield!!!









I apologize. ;D
Good luck with your ID,
Baldingboy
 
Upvote 0
So he does exsist! I knew the comic books were real!
 
Upvote 0
Thanks. I can see it being a tea pot spout.
 
Upvote 0
The round object, depending on the size, might be the iron lid to a tea/coffee kettle. They hinged on one side (the broken part) and might have been lifted or swung aside by the tab sticking out.

iron pots.webp
 
Upvote 0
That pic bottom left is a match. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
lid and spout to a tea pot --as big cy says look at the bottom left photo tea pot lid matches up star and all .
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Impressive Detective Work! Nice ID!
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys,

I would be nice to dig around and find the rest of that pot and find the missing part of the lid attached. Thanks again for you help! Another question though. How old do you think that pot is. I am trying to determine the age of the area I am detecting in? Thanks again!
 
Upvote 0
bclark said:
Thanks guys,

I would be nice to dig around and find the rest of that pot and find the missing part of the lid attached. Thanks again for you help! Another question though. How old do you think that pot is. I am trying to determine the age of the area I am detecting in? Thanks again!

Those pots are still made today... tough question to reply too. A lot depends on the soil vs. iron factor.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom