What's new

Couple questions

coosakid

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2016
Messages
611
Reaction score
970
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would this be a thumb scraper, and what type material would it be ain't seen many like it around here. Found it in the backyard the other day

And I think this is an arrowhead? Found it in a sandbar in a small creek.
 

Attachments

  • 1483318410808.webp
    1483318410808.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 1483318510991.webp
    1483318510991.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 1483319092422.webp
    1483319092422.webp
    26 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0
Yes, it Looks like a worn down arrowhead to me.
Yes, I would call that a flint thumb scraper.
 
Good deal was thinking the scraper was a broke piece until I got to looking at it closer...thanks for taking a look
 
Looks like a graver more than a point to me.
 
Could be a graver also. Since you found it in a gravel bar I figured it's just weathered and broken. Maybe take more pics of the piece and it will show us some more or less details. I would of taken it though:)
 
The item in the first two pics does look like a nice thumbnail scraper to me too, but the second item just appears to be a rock.
 
I wasn't sure myself if it was an arrowhead........ I've found some good ones that were wore down before.... So
 
pretty cool material on that scraper. Not sure if the other one is anything...I would suspect that left edge to be knapped thinner....but I'm no expert.

Sure seems like you are in a good area, that's for sure
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom