What's new

Couple recent hunts

SCrocks

Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
954
Reaction score
1,554
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a few the past couple hunts-Thanks for the look
032 (1024x768).webp029 (1024x768).webp024 (1024x768).webp023 (1024x768).webp
 
Upvote 0
Those are awesome and close to perfect! Great finds! What type of material is the gray one left of the quartz in the first pic? It sort of looks like the material of the flakes I found.
 
AWESOME... Nowhere to hunt around me... But it is whitetail season... Great finds, keep at it for those of us that can't!!!
 
Those are awesome and close to perfect! Great finds! What type of material is the gray one left of the quartz in the first pic? It sort of looks like the material of the flakes I found.

Not Sam but the material looks like flow banded rhyolite, or that is the type of rhyolite we call it.
 
You are having a great fall!
 
Thanks folks-Peaches like willjo said it's flow banded rhyolite. The large point is also rhyolite but has less patina. I found some broke points but left them out in the truck and was to lazy to put my shoes on and get them. Thanks hope something washes up in your creek
 
Love the insitus, thanks for sharing!
 
Man the leaves are falling here rite now quite heavy. All the rain will help wash them away I hope. Glad you are having some good hunts lately
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom