Courier Costs?

I don't know much about it, but several banks have told me that the costs are more than my business is worth (in not so many words).

I don't remember specifically where I read it, but my understanding is that the mega banks typically have flat-fee contracts (no incremental charge for additional quantities of coin) while smaller banks usually have to pay based on quantity. That's why I always order and dump from the mega banks and leave the smaller community banks for hunting CWRs and teller trays.

I don't remember specifically where I read it, but my understanding is that the mega banks typically have flat-fee contracts (no incremental charge for additional quantities of coin) while smaller banks usually have to pay based on quantity.

This is exactly how the couriers charge. For those that search Brinks dime rolls without breaking the plastic wrap, you can make some friends at smaller banks. You can keep them stocked of your dumps (saving them money), and in turn have them save any halves for you in turn. I have such a relationship with a small branch near me. They have thanked me time and again and have attested to the fact that they haven't had to order dimes in years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back