What's new

Cracked-pot friends

spartacus53

Banned
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
10,624
Reaction score
1,074
Golden Thread
0
Location
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A water bearer in India had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of water to his house.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect for which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do.

After 2 years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to the water bearer one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologize to you. I have been able to deliver only half my load because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house. Because of my flaws, you have to do a lot of this work, and you don't get full value from your efforts," the pot said.

The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, and I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you've watered them.

For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house."

Moral:

Each of us has our own unique flaws. We're all cracked pots. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding. You've just got to take each person for what they are, and look for the good in them. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape. Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

THANK YOU ALL - MY CRACKPOT FRIENDS!!
 
Again, I want what he's on :laughing7: Was it a cracked pot, or a crack pipe involved here :dontknow: I really don't know too many people that take the time to talk to their crockery :laughing7:

I did like the moral... Especially

Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

I am so blessed :headbang: :hello2: :laughing9:
 
That's nice...we can water TNet down some more... :laughing7: :coffee2:

As has been said many times, life would be very boring without our imperfections.
 
Guess It would be better to be a Cracked Pot...Then a Crack Head... :laughing7:
 
alot of crack pots out there, and not in a good way :o
 
Good job, Spart. A good post. I like it just as it is and will not pick it apart. :laughing7:

Ray
 
"On the other hand, you have different fingers" :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
 
Ray S S, it's people like you who enjoy the story, that take the fun out of posting it in the first place :laughing7:

But I am sure you an also see the warped side of the story as well. :thumbsup: There are 2 sides to every story, I like looking at the least obvious. :tongue3:

thrillathahunt, that was too deep for me to even ponder tonight :laughing9:
 
FarmerChick said:
alot of crack pots out there, and not in a good way :o

::) Your not kidding, come to our neighborhood and you see all kinds, and it isn't good! 8 arrests apt complex next door in past three weeks! ::) Red
 
Chug and Red said:
FarmerChick said:
alot of crack pots out there, and not in a good way :o

::) Your not kidding, come to our neighborhood and you see all kinds, and it isn't good! 8 arrests apt complex next door in past three weeks! ::) Red

yup the druggies are a downfall and useless to normal society that I can see.

but according to another thread, if they are brain mis-wired, then we must let it happen????
hmmm........
 
no one is FULLY USELESS -- they can always serve as a "BAD EXSAMPLE" - OF WHAT NOT TO DO IN YOUR LIFE. :icon_thumright:


even the most down trodden can help teach us what it is to be kind to the messed up , sick and mentally ill -- even overseas where there were starving begger children -- I would not just give away "money for nothing"-- giving something for nothing * teaches a bad lesson that theres a "free ride system in place" and that your a "sucker / chump" -- I must earn my money so must they -- so I would have them "fetch me" a newspaper or some little thing like that to "earn" them a bit of cash --(thus allowing them a bit of self pride as well )--if they were so lame that they could not move / walk --I would "hire them" to pray to god for forgiveness of my sins on my behalf.

some drugs (like meth , crack and ice esp) if used for a bit of time basically "chemically rewire" the human brain --making doing drugs the only thing will give them pleasure --the old saying --(the joe / sally I see before me is not the person I know as joe / sally ---is actually quite accurite ) since their brain has been "hard wired " to do drugs via chemical conditioning of past drug use-- it often very hard to next to impossible to break folks away from these types of drugs if they have been doing them for some time due to the "rewiring" factor not matter how much they "loved you in the past or how close you were" -- only if they are caught in the early first beginning user stage can they be broke away from these drugs often.
 
ivan salis said:
no one is FULLY USELESS -- they can always serve as a "BAD EXSAMPLE" - OF WHAT NOT TO DO IN YOUR LIFE. :icon_thumright:


even the most down trodden can help teach us what it is to be kind to the messed up , sick and mentally ill -- even overseas where there were starving begger children -- I would not just give away "money for nothing"-- giving something for nothing * teaches a bad lesson that theres a "free ride system in place" and that your a "sucker / chump" -- I must earn my money so must they -- so I would have them "fetch me" a newspaper or some little thing like that to "earn" them a bit of cash --(thus allowing them a bit of self pride as well )--if they were so lame that they could not move / walk --I would "hire them" to pray to god for forgiveness of my sins on my behalf.

So very true, we know some street people by name, and watch out for them. One is an older man who is so kind he would give you the shirt off his back, he is always clean, quiet and respectful, and he doesn't like handouts, so to help him we are saving him our cans. That way he turns them in and gets the money, it works cause he feels like he is working for it, which he is, those machines can be a pain in the rump. He always comes by to check on me since he knows I've been ill for awhile. You can learn alot just by opening your eyes and ears. Chug and I always say, never assume, you never know the story behind the face. Red
 
ivan salis, touched upon something I was thinking about. Then again, my suggestion will surely be deemed cruel..

--if they were so lame that they could not move / walk --I would "hire them" to pray to god for forgiveness of my sins on my behalf.

I'd still put them to work, as a doorstop/greeter at Walmart's, or something along those lines.

I know, tasteless. Then again, I'm not getting compensated for my thought's either :tongue3:
 
You could set up on a street corner, like those singers do with a coffee can to catch Donations.... :laughing9: :tongue3:
 
you can only do so much with (for lack of a better word) those below others.....because as street corner person they are now policied "into not doing it" ---like NYC saying no music in certain areas.
not saying those who paly the music are below brain levels of higher people, just saying that "laws" are 'governed' to stop the pain of it.

others 'fun' is anothers nuisance....but their pain can be 'seen as perfect' while 'others' see it as nuisance.

who is right?

should we let everyone do what they want all the time to give way to 'that individuals brain power' limits???????
 
poorhunter78 said:
You could set up on a street corner, like those singers do with a coffee can to catch Donations.... :laughing9: :tongue3:

He Needs to get compensated for all his Dribble, Therefore we need to chip in and get him a Bib.. :laughing9: :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom