Craig Ventresco and Meredith Axelrod--Three Videos

Inyo

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a mighty fine version of "Red Onion Rag" by Craig Ventresco and Meredith Axelrod. They play some superior music together, indeed, IMOPE (in my own personal estimation)--terrific tunes from the Tin Pan Alley era.

This is an mp4 file, by the way:

"Red Onion Rag" (Abe Oleman composer, 1912)--Craig on his Fraulini guitar; Meredith on her John DeLapp guitar. Performed live on 5-21-2021. From their live stream, available through Meredith's YouTube and Facebook pages.

"Red Onion Rag"

Here's another wonderfully entertaining performance (IMOPE--in my own personal estimation) by Craig Ventresco and Meredith Axelrod, played on their 558th show, a show available on Meredith's YouTube and Facebook pages.

It's a version of "Uncle Josh's Huskin' Bee Dance," originally recorded by Cal Stewart on July 22, 1902 (according to the file at the Library of Congress).

This is an mp4 format video, by the way. Craig playing his Fraulini guitar; Meredith on her John DeLapp guitar:

"Uncle Josh's Huskin' Bee Dance"

From their 600th show--Craig Ventresco and Meredith Axelrod play the 1895 Carlo Curti composition "Tipica Polka." Streamed live yesterday on Meredith's YouTube and Facebook pages (currently available Monday through Thursday and Saturday at 8:00pm Pacific Time; and Sundays at noon Pacific Time); Craig on his Fraulini guitar, Meredith playing her John DeLapp guitar. This is extraordinarily entertaining musical material, in my opinion:

"Tipica Polka"

Over at http://inyo.coffeecup.com/site/music/inyocybercd.html , by the way, I play 30 solo acoustic instrumental guitar covers on a 1976 Martin D-35.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions