IMG_0561 [320x200].JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 870
  • IMG_0562 [320x200].JPG
    IMG_0562 [320x200].JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 846
Upvote 0
Hey, I can say I've seen one now!
Thanks and super find!

I believe some rings like this were used to store certain "white powdery" substances so the wearer could get a quick sniff.... or maybe I saw too many episodes of Miami Vice in the '80's.

No, that doesn't make any sence that it would be for cocaine when its clearly a religious ring!! The fish is a Christian symbol that's why the cross is in it, so no Tred I'd have to disagree with you that this ring was made for coke heads.

thank you mrs diva i almost died when i read that lol i would guess nitro for heart problem or a small picture of Jesus or family. nice ring either way

I agree with the drug idea. What cop would check a religious ring?
Ever see cruel intentions? She does it out of a crucifix.

I was thinking the same thing about not raising suspicions of police.

It's a "prayer box" or "poison" ring. Considering the style, I'd go with prayer.
Tigger

as old as that ring is and knowing about the political/church involvement, I also would say Poison ring

missmetaldetectingdiva said:
No, that doesn't make any sence that it would be for cocaine when its clearly a religious ring!! The fish is a Christian symbol that's why the cross is in it, so no Tred I'd have to disagree with you that this ring was made for coke heads.

Makes perfect sense. As someone else already said. Who would look in a religious ring?

Are you sure that ring is old? It looks strikingly familiar to a James Avery ring. The make alot of pieces with an aged finish and chrisitan symbolism. What are the markings?

Tigger said:
It's a "prayer box" or "poison" ring. Considering the style, I'd go with prayer.
Tigger

ditto, prayer box

HH
-GC

Regardless of what it is, it is still an interesting find...thanks for sharing ;D

Being a Piglet (Police in training), i would vote it be for something deviant...but i've got a vivid imagination... :sign13:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back