What's new

Crazy little Sterling compartment ring!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Huh? I dug this one lakeside yesterday, anyone have any ideas? Has a tiny locking compartment, never seen one like this. Thanks for lookin', ffd
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0559 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0559 [320x200].webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 888
  • IMG_0560 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0560 [320x200].webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 901
  • IMG_0561 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0561 [320x200].webp
    7 KB · Views: 900
  • IMG_0562 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0562 [320x200].webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 865
Upvote 0
Hey, I can say I've seen one now!
Thanks and super find!
 
I believe some rings like this were used to store certain "white powdery" substances so the wearer could get a quick sniff.... or maybe I saw too many episodes of Miami Vice in the '80's.
 
No, that doesn't make any sence that it would be for cocaine when its clearly a religious ring!! The fish is a Christian symbol that's why the cross is in it, so no Tred I'd have to disagree with you that this ring was made for coke heads.
 
thank you mrs diva i almost died when i read that lol i would guess nitro for heart problem or a small picture of Jesus or family. nice ring either way
 
I agree with the drug idea. What cop would check a religious ring?
Ever see cruel intentions? She does it out of a crucifix.
 
I was thinking the same thing about not raising suspicions of police.
 
It's a "prayer box" or "poison" ring. Considering the style, I'd go with prayer.
Tigger
 
as old as that ring is and knowing about the political/church involvement, I also would say Poison ring
 
missmetaldetectingdiva said:
No, that doesn't make any sence that it would be for cocaine when its clearly a religious ring!! The fish is a Christian symbol that's why the cross is in it, so no Tred I'd have to disagree with you that this ring was made for coke heads.

Makes perfect sense. As someone else already said. Who would look in a religious ring?
 
Are you sure that ring is old? It looks strikingly familiar to a James Avery ring. The make alot of pieces with an aged finish and chrisitan symbolism. What are the markings?
 
WOW, I've never seen a christian poison ring before. Nice find.
 
Tigger said:
It's a "prayer box" or "poison" ring. Considering the style, I'd go with prayer.
Tigger

ditto, prayer box

HH
-GC
 
Regardless of what it is, it is still an interesting find...thanks for sharing ;D

Being a Piglet (Police in training), i would vote it be for something deviant...but i've got a vivid imagination... :sign13:
 
That's a cool ring... Very unique... Congratulations on the find...
 
Mantis, you will do very well. Hope the "makin bacon" goes well for you and you badge up!
 
High Plains Digger said:
made to hold tartar sauce. Fish-------tartar sauce----oh, never mind.

Ha!Ha! Good one, HP Digger!!! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom