C choo Hero Member Joined Jul 31, 2009 Messages 833 Reaction score 2,489 Golden Thread 0 Location Ohio Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 19, 2017 #1 I went creek walking Saturday & found a nice point sitting on a gravel bar I think it is a meadowood early woodland point very nice point! Attachments image.webp 849.5 KB · Views: 130 image.webp 453.7 KB · Views: 137 Upvote 0
I went creek walking Saturday & found a nice point sitting on a gravel bar I think it is a meadowood early woodland point very nice point!
The Grim Reaper Gold Member Joined Apr 3, 2008 Messages 7,826 Reaction score 7,076 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Ohio Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 19, 2017 #2 Nice Point. Meadowood would be my best guess as well especially with the small, shallow notches.
Buckleberry Hero Member Joined Sep 4, 2010 Messages 657 Reaction score 832 Golden Thread 0 Feb 19, 2017 #3 The Grim Reaper said: Nice Point. Meadowood would be my best guess as well especially with the small, shallow notches. Click to expand... the material fits as well, I found one just like that only much longer. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/n...cts/421721-big-black-coshocton-meadowood.html
The Grim Reaper said: Nice Point. Meadowood would be my best guess as well especially with the small, shallow notches. Click to expand... the material fits as well, I found one just like that only much longer. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/n...cts/421721-big-black-coshocton-meadowood.html
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 19, 2017 #4 I love it when they are just laying out in the open like that. Lately I havent had that pleasure they have been playing hide and seek.
I love it when they are just laying out in the open like that. Lately I havent had that pleasure they have been playing hide and seek.
quito Silver Member Joined Mar 31, 2008 Messages 4,638 Reaction score 4,844 Golden Thread 0 Location south dakota Detector(s) used good eyes Feb 19, 2017 #5 Very nice! I spose you are gonna light the place up again this year with all that good stuff you usually find.
Very nice! I spose you are gonna light the place up again this year with all that good stuff you usually find.
Rich in Houston Sr. Member Joined Nov 30, 2003 Messages 476 Reaction score 199 Golden Thread 0 Location Houston,Katy TX. Detector(s) used Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20, Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Feb 19, 2017 #6 Very nice. That will make your day..
NCPeaches Silver Member Joined Mar 24, 2013 Messages 2,882 Reaction score 3,005 Golden Thread 0 Location Western Piedmont North Carolina Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 19, 2017 #7 Great find!
monsterrack Silver Member Joined Apr 15, 2013 Messages 4,429 Reaction score 5,831 Golden Thread 0 Location Southwest Mississippi Detector(s) used Garrett, and Whites Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 20, 2017 #8 Very nice find.
CHUDs Sr. Member Joined Feb 13, 2014 Messages 440 Reaction score 677 Golden Thread 0 Location Santa Cruz, CA Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 21, 2017 #9 Trying to learn here...is it a projectile point or a knife? I ask because it appears to be knapped in an asymmetrical way. I have a couple of knife blades that are knapped in a similar way
Trying to learn here...is it a projectile point or a knife? I ask because it appears to be knapped in an asymmetrical way. I have a couple of knife blades that are knapped in a similar way