What's new

Creek finds - shards and dang its from this weekend

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
3,005
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rock do you think those are the large flakes you mentioned in an earlier post? The dang its are the 2 white things, smallest being glass and shards are the bottom right. I found the largest shard when walking bent over and my face about 8 inches above the water along the bank while going under an old metal foot bridge and I'm pretty sure it's from a pot of an earlier found shard but they don't fit together. It was a nice unexpected surprise but if I tried to hunt the creek like that my back would be broke lol

100_8003.webp glass.webp

These two pics are just to give rock a better look at the possible flakes. The only reason I pick these up is they look different than the rest of the rocks and they make nice decor rocks around the herb beds but they do look flake like but might be natural.
100_8009.webp WP_20140929_001.webp
 
Upvote 0
Hummmmm herb bed :thumbsup:
 
Just kidding with you on the "herbs". Its hard to tell if they are flakes or not with that type of material you have in your creek. Nice shard find though
 
Yeah it's hard to tell and wish I knew rock types better. I also find those smooth roundish fit in your palm type rocks and not sure if it's the creek tumbling or if they were some sort of gastrolith but I keep them for decor too. That little piece of glass also has a flake look to it but I know it's just a sliver off some really nice bottle, bowl or plate. No matter what I find I consider a shard find as a good day in the creek.
 
After the week I have had a flake might of been exciting to me. Its Bow Season and soon to be gun season so Im not really going to the creek much rite now. They do have tree stands all along the creeks edge so I don't want to scare their game or worse get shot. I will wait for the rain and fields to be cleared. If they don't plow the cotton fields rite away I can still find some on top from last yrs plow.
 
After the week I have had a flake might of been exciting to me. Its Bow Season and soon to be gun season so Im not really going to the creek much rite now. They do have tree stands all along the creeks edge so I don't want to scare their game or worse get shot. I will wait for the rain and fields to be cleared. If they don't plow the cotton fields rite away I can still find some on top from last yrs plow.

Speaking of wildlife...I've seen a flock of turkeys going down my property line and mentioned it to the man who owns the cattle pasture next door, he said they were roosting in the corner. Well I know exactly where now cause their poop is all over the place on one of the sand bars in a bend of the creek. There's some boys who love to shoot on the other side downstream and they scare me because I don't know where they are shooting toward so when I hear them I move to the deeper banked spots, less likely to get shot lol. I've seen deer tracks but nobody's supposed to be hunting there and if they are then they are poaching.

Hope you find something awesome when you get back out!
 
I was bored today so I cleaned the house. I hate housework! I figured better now than when to rocks are showing. I still got some yard work to catch up on to.
 
Found a white quartz point in a river in Murphy, NC that was actually smooth from tumbling. Imagine how long that would take. Tony
Yeah it's hard to tell and wish I knew rock types better. I also find those smooth roundish fit in your palm type rocks and not sure if it's the creek tumbling or if they were some sort of gastrolith but I keep them for decor too. That little piece of glass also has a flake look to it but I know it's just a sliver off some really nice bottle, bowl or plate. No matter what I find I consider a shard find as a good day in the creek.
 
Nice finds Peaches...you are a dedicated huntress for sure, going under & bending so low...lol And be careful of the hunters...don't wear cameo colors to be safe. I like that rock was cleaning his house, now that's a man.:icon_thumleft:
 
Peaches has some true dedication that's for sure. How tall are your banks girl? You need a ladder to get in and out of your creek.
Thanks CK a guys does have to do house stuff sometimes. Floors, Celling fans and bathrooms. I don't do kitchen stuff or do laundry very well.
 
...but nobody's supposed to be hunting there and if they are then they are poaching.

If they'll poach, they'll do anything. I hope you are carrying if you are out there by yourself. Be careful and the best of luck.
 
If they'll poach, they'll do anything. I hope you are carrying if you are out there by yourself. Be careful and the best of luck.

You can get yourself some rattling horns and really mess with them, or maybe even get prepared and call them in and bust them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom