What's new

CRH at Home 2/18/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
I was rolling the clad halves from todays hunt and I found a very shiny 1967 Kennedy. I don't know how I could have missed this one but it is the 2nd time that this has happened.
I'll bet a few escaped back into my dumps.
Todays score from home:
1x 1967
 
Upvote 0
that is the exact reason why i wished a ryedale machine existed for halves, if it did i would always double check my loose coins before i dumped, i have often wonder who many i miss too. i only edge search due to the high volume i search every week, i could not find the time to date search
 
I always edge search too but this one stuck out like a sore thumb. The darn thing was almost a BU with a clean silvery edge. Don't know how I could have missed it.
 
silvercop said:
that is the exact reason why i wished a ryedale machine existed for halves, if it did i would always double check my loose coins before i dumped, i have often wonder who many i miss too. i only edge search due to the high volume i search every week, i could not find the time to date search

With a little ingenuity you can rig up a Coin Comparitor to do what a ryedale does - and its multi functional just swap out the coin and compare copper or silver.
 
A ryedale machine for halves??? ??? Come on guys, lets not turn this great "Hobby" into a "Business". The more I hear about things like this, the more I feel that we are taking things too far.

What about the thrill of the hunt? Don't let that be taken away.

Remember that corporations have more resources than any of us on this board. Our hobby is a sensitive one, and almost completely dependant on banks and armored car services. Lets not let our greed ruin things for everyone.

HH,
Bank Runner
 
That's why, Rich, you've got to rely on your ears as much as your eyes.

I too wouldn't have spotted some 40%ers, but as I dropped them into the dump bag; heard that unmistakable sound.

Good catch.
 
thats why i date check all halfs....the dates are large so this doesn't take too much more time
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom