What's new

CRHing Poll

engine 823

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
312
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
Just Curious To See How Many Of You Use This. I know Some Of You Do And I Wonder If It Is Better Or Not For Locating Silver Coin?? I know its better to look them for errors,proofs, etc... But is it better just for silver???
 
Upvote 0
I don't use my counting scale for searching. I use mine for counting the coins after the search. I search the rolls and throw the dump coins in a big box. Later I count the coins with the scale. My bank gives me plastic coin bags and I fill it with $1000 in halves. The scale makes it very quick.
 
I never use a scale. Too many worn coins to throw it off. Beside this, like you mentioned, you will miss the proofs, NIFC's and any possible error coins.
 
If you weigh each coin separately you will start to see that each coin is not exactly the weight it is 'supposed' to be. Especially if you have a scale going down to hundredths of a gram. So I can't see how it could be entirely accurate. It takes the fun out of it, also.
 
That's like buying a scratcher lottery ticket and asking the clerk to scan it before handing it to you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom