CRISPINS CRITTERS

First car was 300 bucks. 66 Ford Falcon. Dark blue coupe. 200 straight six. Manual everything. L-50's all the way around on fancy (Craiger?) rims. Another set of tires and rims for winter.
Thing just purred. Had a fun passin gear , but was no quarter mile winner.
F.M. converter I added ,and eventually an 8-track!

First car was 300 bucks. 66 Ford Falcon. Dark blue coupe. 200 straight six. Manual everything. L-50's all the way around on fancy (Craiger?) rims. Another set of tires and rims for winter.
Thing just purred. Had a fun passin gear , but was no quarter mile winner.
F.M. converter I added ,and eventually an 8-track!

That 67 Galaxie had an 8-track.
One day I was toolin' down the road, playin' my favorite ELO 8 track when...
Damn!
It gets eaten!

I pulled over to the side of the road, yanked the 8 track player with the ELO tape still in it's jaws, and threw the whole damned mess out of the window into the ditch!

No more 8 tracks for this guy.
From now on, it's cassettes, Dig?

Best,

Scott

https://youtu.be/3OcfP0GTTyM?list=PLWTFbGz4ThnUlPjqwU_isa94Q9rrGVVth

Last edited:
That 67 Galaxie had an 8-track.
One day I was toolin' down the road, playin' my favorite ELO 8 track when...
Damn!
It gets eaten!

I pulled over to the side of the road, yanked the 8 track player with the ELO tape still in it's jaws, and threw the whole damned mess out of the window into the ditch!

No more 8 tracks for this guy.
From now on, it's cassettes, Dig?

Best,

Scott

https://youtu.be/3OcfP0GTTyM?list=PLWTFbGz4ThnUlPjqwU_isa94Q9rrGVVt h

Uh-oh. Reads like you had a....

Uh-oh. Reads like you had a....

Yep.

All 8 tracks found "The End Of The Line" with me....

(Jeff Lynne of ELO, Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Tom Petty and Roy Orbison.)

Sad that many are now passed....
Notice the tribute to Roy Orbison with the empty rocking chair and guitar?

Music never dies....

But, their music plays on!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
Diesel, you don’t have a Prius do you?

Lol, no Prius crap for my family. My wife drives a 2016 Subaru Forester, I drive my 2018 Jeep Wrangler unlimited (bad eco report right on window sticker!) and my 1994/1997 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Diesel

So much for my "vacation."

I have to climb on the roof, trim branches, clean the gutters, pick up limb debris, trim bushes, cut the grass, weed whack and blow trimmings.

Sheesh!

I guess it feels good to be useful....:dontknow:
So, let's start from the beginning, shall we?

Scott

Last edited:
Yep.

All 8 tracks found "The End Of The Line" with me....

(Jeff Lynne of ELO, Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Tom Petty and Roy Orbison.)

Sad that many are now passed....
Notice the tribute to Roy Orbison with the empty rocking chair and guitar?

Music never dies....

But, their music plays on!

Best,

Scott

So much for my "vacation."

I have to climb on the roof, trim branches, clean the gutters, pick up limb debris, cut the grass, weed whack and blow trimmings.

Sheesh!

I guess it feels good to be useful....

Scott

Better to be busy above ground then resting six feet below!

Better to be busy above ground then resting six feet below!

I remember the first day that I worked at Performance Food Group.

I was assigned to work with Kipp and learn....
Kipp has been at Performance for 18 years and is still a youngster....

Kipp looked at me and asked, "Just how old are you?"
I replied, "58."

He looked at me funny and asked, "How long do you plan on working?"

I replied, "Until the day they throw dirt on my coffin. But, I'll call in first."

He smiled, shook his head yes and said, "I think you will get along here just fine, Scott."

I then went on to be named Employee of the Month a mere 6 months later,
and have recently been involved in Job Fairs with the Georgia Department of Labor to recruit new employees.
I have exhibited knowledge of emergency procedures and have the respect of all whom I work with.
Managers of both first and second shifts seek me out to find solutions to issues of all situations of the whole plant.
Age is wisdom. :coffee2:

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
Perhaps a little contest....

I have a new T-Shirt of "Performance Food Group" that I'll send to the one who can answer this question first.....
History?
Yeah, I LOVE History! I've lived so much of it....

"Everyone knows whom shot Abraham Lincoln.
Who shot his assassin and what became of him?"

Be precise....

I'll pay postage to send the T-Shirt to you!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
49 Ford 2 door coupe.

Something like this?
My Pap had a similar ride....
But it was painted a midnight black....

1949-ford.jpg

He traded it in for a Studebaker....
Bad choice!
But, Mom was the Boss!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
And, just for information, I checked on the Treasure that I buried a few years ago,
and it is still there waiting for you to find.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/au24k/501656-scotts-treasure-tube.html

Reminds me of the College Webpage that I had to create using HTML.

Started out with a blank page and had to write HTML code....

Here'e the College webpage.

http://student.ung.edu/sdkais5614/

I started this webpage back when I attended "Gainesville State College."

Then the University Changed to "The University of North Georgia."

I then lost interest in the webpage....
Haven't worked on it for about 5 years.....
Obviously, some links are now null and void.....

However, I did get an "A" for my efforts on the project.

If you don't know what HTML is,
Check this out....

When you get to the webpage, right click and then click on "View Page Source."

Yeah, I wrote ALL of this! Every freaking line of every page!

Here's a song from one of the pages....

Check out the whole page!
Hours of entertainment and bargains for sale! Dig?
Perhaps you will find such a treasure as this....

Or perhaps US Silver Coins for sale.....

Scott

Last edited:
OK.

I guess it's time to laugh.

Enjoy this entry of humor.

Best,

Scott

Scotty... Being appreciative of guitars, and the quality woods that are sometimes used...in the design and construction of such... Check out this pawn shop find. Birdseye overkill.

warmoth 002.JPG

warmoth 005.JPG

The turtle...I think.. trade mark tells me it's a Warmoth neck...Most excellent, up the road a ways in Puyallup Washington. The neck has a few issues so the price agreed was 30 bucks.

Now... We are selling our property/home on the coast, I have been here since 1969..(4 years old). Opportunity doesn't knock her. Not to mention family is.. well.. leaving.. heaven bound.
Josephine county.. Here we come!!! Merlin/Galice area. I all ready 'am part owner in a couple of gold claims. I will be partners in a guitar shop... my dream... Buy, sell, trade and repair. I can perform fret jobs, replace, crown, dress and even do the soldering jobs. Also will do lacquer, paint, etc with help. I will to be building timber frame homes...part time.. but as a foremen... I'm to damn old to be slingin' beams around!! I don't want to move as the Oregon coast is beyond beautiful...you can see my 200 plus pics in my daily snapshot.. but Grants pass area is close... to paradise, in fact it IS an inland paradise... hey I can drive two hours to the coast....

I don't like change. If I was not offered the building job... and the guitar shop gig.. I would stay here. Wife said... Hey dumb ass.. opportunity ain't knockin'.. left hook.. straight right! (actually she don't say aint...) Lets go! She can also almost double her wages.

Anywho... I believe I got off track....I blame single malt scotch....

Reasons above, mostly family members leaving, I have been absent, not posting much. I hope all you critters are doin' awight!!!!

I cut 16 inches of my hair...donated to locks of love. Can I still listen to my favorite (hair bands)?
Yep!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

What? A "hair band" doing a song with horns?
Yeh
Blusey.

Last edited:
Thomas P. “ Boston” Corbett. Later he was arrested for disobeying the order to “not shoot” if memory serves me....... I’m a history buff too......,

I remember the first day that I worked at Performance Food Group.

I was assigned to work with Kipp and learn....
Kipp has been at Performance for 18 years and is still a youngster....

Kipp looked at me and asked, "Just how old are you?"
I replied, "58."

He looked at me funny and asked, "How long do you plan on working?"

I replied, "Until the day they throw dirt on my coffin. But, I'll call in first."

He smiled, shook his head yes and said, "I think you will get along here just fine, Scott."

I then went on to be named Employee of the Month a mere 6 months later,
and have recently been involved in Job Fairs with the Georgia Department of Labor to recruit new employees.
I have exhibited knowledge of emergency procedures and have the respect of all whom I work with.
Managers of both first and second shifts seek me out to find solutions to issues of all situations of the whole plant.
Age is wisdom. :coffee2:

Best,

Scott

Well done Scott, age is wisdom. Sounds like your company does a good job retaining employees. They must give a good benifits package? That’s rare these days.

Scotty... Being appreciative of guitars, and the quality woods that are sometimes used...in the design and construction of such... Check out this pawn shop find. Birdseye overkill.

View attachment 1599565

View attachment 1599566

The turtle...I think.. trade mark tells me it's a Warmoth neck...Most excellent, up the road a ways in Puyallup Washington. The neck has a few issues so the price agreed was 30 bucks.

Now... We are selling our property/home on the coast, I have been here since 1969..(4 years old). Opportunity doesn't knock her. Not to mention family is.. well.. leaving.. heaven bound.
Josephine county.. Here we come!!! Merlin/Galice area. I all ready 'am part owner in a couple of gold claims. I will be partners in a guitar shop... my dream... Buy, sell, trade and repair. I can perform fret jobs, replace, crown, dress and even do the soldering jobs. Also will do lacquer, paint, etc with help. I will to be building timber frame homes...part time.. but as a foremen... I'm to damn old to be slingin' beams around!! I don't want to move as the Oregon coast is beyond beautiful...you can see my 200 plus pics in my daily snapshot.. but Grants pass area is close... to paradise, in fact it IS an inland paradise... hey I can drive two hours to the coast....

I don't like change. If I was not offered the building job... and the guitar shop gig.. I would stay here. Wife said... Hey dumb ass.. opportunity ain't knockin'.. left hook.. straight right! (actually she don't say aint...) Lets go! She can also almost double her wages.

Anywho... I believe I got off track....I blame single malt scotch....

Reasons above, mostly family members leaving, I have been absent, not posting much. I hope all you critters are doin' awight!!!!

I cut 16 inches of my hair...donated to locks of love. Can I still listen to my favorite (hair bands)?
Yep!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

What? A "hair band" doing a song with horns?
Yeh
Blusey.

Damn! I love Merlin/Galice and Grants pass!!
Can’t beat the gold! Nice and chunky!!! Lots of pickers!!!!

Winters ain’t bad either, only two problems for me to live there. Too far from salt water, and too much liberalism there. But it’s where I am bad as well. I used too live off Savage Creek road in Rouge river.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back