Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Crisp, would you please explain the iron garden a bit?

Not much to explain really. Just a bunch of deep, old iron I dug up while metal detecting. A lot of it is probably circa WWII or from other war related efforts due to the proximity of armed services. The Zen Garden is meant as a peaceful place to meditate. The iron garden is a poor man's attempt at art. However, each piece was placed the way it was for a purpose. It is up to each viewer to decide what that purpose is. I placed each one for my own reason but that reason is only right for me. Whatever you see is what is right for you.

Crispin

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Signs of the times?

The only signs I like to see....

Canon 033-003.JPG

Best,

Scott​

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received an email today from "Our Neighbor" to wit:

Hi Scott, got your note and business card..
First I want to thank you for coming by and offering to give your time to Our Neighbor.

There are always things to do around here whether its in the bookstore
or helping out with the residents.
I am giving you D'ete Sewell's email.
She runs our bookstore and would be able to fill you in
on what she might need within the bookstore or with a specific resident.
Once again, Thank you for your interest in our program. People like you are invaluable.
Lisa

[email protected]

I will follow up with an email and revisit this weekend.

Best,

Scott

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

On an upbeat note thought I'd post this one up.

Roger Whittaker + Lene Siel - Shoot for the Moon.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

Guess what, It's pourin out, another 1-2 in. of rain, and the lake is almost at flood stage. It's raining so hard now that looking across my bay, I can't even see the point on the other side. At some point in time, this has to stop. I wish that I couls package this and send it out west!

I now have 2 duck brests, and 2 lake trout fillets marinating in the fridge, and if the weather allows will fire the smoker in the early afternoon tomorrow. Have a fish fry set for the 4th, but this weather had better break before I put my hot oil outside. It's quite an explosion when water hits hot oil!

Hope all of you had a good day, and are looking forward to a holiday with friends and family, I really am looking forward to getting back out on the lake, but not looking forward to having the lake in my living room!..................Back later... Gary

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an old one that some may remember...

Best,

Scott​

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary,

Good luck with all the rain....here's hoping the weather clears up for the 4th of July festivities.

Regards + HH

Bill

Hey all,

Guess what, It's pourin out, another 1-2 in. of rain, and the lake is almost at flood stage. It's raining so hard now that looking across my bay, I can't even see the point on the other side. At some point in time, this has to stop. I wish that I couls package this and send it out west!

I now have 2 duck brests, and 2 lake trout fillets marinating in the fridge, and if the weather allows will fire the smoker in the early afternoon tomorrow. Have a fish fry set for the 4th, but this weather had better break before I put my hot oil outside. It's quite an explosion when water hits hot oil!

Hope all of you had a good day, and are looking forward to a holiday with friends and family, I really am looking forward to getting back out on the lake, but not looking forward to having the lake in my living room!..................Back later... Gary

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And from the 1988 album,
"Sur la Mer"

as a follow-up from their 1986 album,
"The Other Side of Life."

Best,

Scott​

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,

Thanks for the post, you must know someone who recorded," Stormy Weather" Thanks, you and yours also have a great 4th, come down and join in the festivities!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary,

Here's a version by Etta James.....I'll post up a few other versions later...

Billie Holiday.

Bill,

Thanks for the post, you must know someone who recorded," Stormy Weather" Thanks, you and yours also have a great 4th, come down and join in the festivities!

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And,
For the "Dead Heads" in the house tonight....

Recorded in Atlanta, GA, 1977.....

Best,

Scott​

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish that I could post some of my "bootleg" cassettes....
I have many.

Once, back in the late 80's,
I volunteered to be shift supervisor of maintenance at the University of Kansas Medical Center,
the shift ended at midnight and Head East was playing at a little bar called "Jimmy's Jigger" across the street.

As soon as I clocked out, I bee-lined over and caught the last 30 minutes of the show.

I hung around, helped break down the set and ended up doing Jager shots in the kitchen with the band.

Ah, the good times of my youth....

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,

How far back do ya wanna go?
50's?
40's?

Remember, I collect 78rpm's....

http://data.gsc.edu/home/77/924210977/music/78rpm.htm

I've got Hank Sr., Elvis and even President Taft on 78.

Here's an oldie.....

1959, recorded in Stuttgart, Germany....

Best,

Scott

PS.
Alot of the older music is WAY better than some of the crap passing for music nowadays....​

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
current report from Indy: all privately owned guns not used in crime are still in private hands of owners. Four and a half years and Obama hasn't hit Indy yet.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rest easy tonight everyone, all is well

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometime re-makes of originals catch the younger crowd unaware....

Here's an example....

(Written by Irving Berlin in 1929)

The original:

And the "modern" re-make from 1983:

Best,

Scott​

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

Hey Gary...PLEASE send the water my way! Lol!
Wish you all the best with that..
Barb

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just talked to my landlord, who works at the local Credit Union,
paid some rent money for LAST month,
(seems that I'm always a bit behind)
and told him of my attempts to help by my volunteering.

He told me that the Credit Union is big on donating to worthy causes within the county,
and if needed, and I help write the proposal, it might be possible for financial help also!

Makes me think of this song....

A difference is possibly in the making for those who need help!

So Happy!

Scott​

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread