CRISPINS CRITTERS

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"As a special from the management and my personal suggestion, at no extra charge,
an additional 'Heart' for your enjoyment."

Best,

Scott​

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barb,

I'm not much for renovation projects....we either hire someone if it's complicated otherwise my wife tackles the job and I'm the gofer.....works for me....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Having over 30 years of remodeling, new construction and supervisory skills,
I refuse to be "the go fer."

I know of time-saving tricks and the ability to bid and complete projects under time and under bid.
Ain't go-fers other people's job?

Oh, wait...They always come back with the wrong items and lacking on the list.

Dang! Guess I'LL have to go myself to get it right.
Why can't people read my mind?

PS.
Here's a little trick if you are ever laying sheet vinyl....
Cover the adhesive spreading trowel with duct tape.
When finished, just peel off the duct tape and eliminate clean-up!

Many more tips and advice available from Scott,
If you have a project, Just ask!

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some pics of my work from the past....

siding before.jpg

I negotiated with the landlord to apply vinyl siding to my rental residence in exchange for rent consideration.
This was "before."

siding housewrap.jpg

This is after applying housewrap.

siding after.jpg

siding south end before.jpg

south end done.jpg

siding back.jpg

I put up siding on the entire house.

Here's a tip on siding....
To cut vinyl siding, turn the blade on your skill saw backwards.

During this project, I replaced a window or three,

Picture 619.jpg

the back door and did a total remodel of the bathroom to include installation of an exhaust fan, installation of a shower, new plumbing and electrical fixtures, new flooring and ceramic tile installation in the shower.

I won twice;
It bettered my living conditions and paid for my rent for several months!

Best,

Scott​

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scott,

My wife happens to be an ultra perfectionist......it doesn't work having someone leaning over you shoulders and giving out instructions, etc.....so I gladly help her out with an extra pair of hands....lol....

Regards + HH

Bill

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott,

My wife happens to be an ultra perfectionist......it doesn't work having someone leaning over you shoulders and giving out instructions, etc.....so I gladly help her out with an extra pair of hands....lol....

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill,

I've dealt with that "type" before.

I did remodeling at a house in Kansas City once where the "wife" had me follow her every morning, with a flashlight, looking in every corner for "problems."

Needless to say, when I was finished, she recommended me to all of her friends!

"I aim to be the Best!"

Best,

Scott

PS.
It used to piss me off to remodel houses that were valued so high,
and come home every night to a "cracker-box" house.
But, I realized that I was happy in my little world and marveled at what some people
would rather have other than happiness.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill,

I've dealt with that "type" before.

I did remodeling at a house in Kansas City once where the "wife" had me follow her every morning, with a flashlight, looking in every corner for "problems."

Needless to say, when I was finished, she recommended me to all of her friends!

"I aim to be the Best!"

Best,

Scott

PS.
It used to piss me off to remodel houses that were valued so high,
and come home every night to a "cracker-box" house. But, I realized that I was happy in my little world and marveled at what some people would rather have than happiness.

What did the country mouse say to the city mouse as he headed back to the country?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did the country mouse say to the city mouse as he headed back to the country?

a fable by Aesop

A Town Mouse once visited a relative who lived in the country. For lunch the Country Mouse served wheat stalks, roots, and acorns, with a dash of cold water for drink. The Town Mouse ate very sparingly, nibbling a little of this and a little of that, and by her manner making it very plain that she ate the simple food only to be polite.

After the meal the friends had a long talk, or rather the Town Mouse talked about her life in the city while the Country Mouse listened. They then went to bed in a cozy nest in the hedgerow and slept in quiet and comfort until morning. In her sleep the Country Mouse dreamed she was a Town Mouse with all the luxuries and delights of city life that her friend had described for her. So the next day when the Town Mouse asked the Country Mouse to go home with her to the city, she gladly said yes.

When they reached the mansion in which the Town Mouse lived, they found on the table in the dining room the leavings of a very fine banquet. There were sweetmeats and jellies, pastries, delicious cheeses, indeed, the most tempting foods that a Mouse can imagine. But just as the Country Mouse was about to nibble a dainty bit of pastry, she heard a Cat mew loudly and scratch at the door. In great fear the Mice scurried to a hiding place, where they lay quite still for a long time, hardly daring to breathe. When at last they ventured back to the feast, the door opened suddenly and in came the servants to clear the table, followed by the House Dog.

The Country Mouse stopped in the Town Mouse's den only long enough to pick up her carpet bag and umbrella.

"You may have luxuries and dainties that I have not," she said as she hurried away, "but I prefer my plain food and simple life in the country with the peace and security that go with it."

Moral: Poverty with security is better than plenty in the midst of fear and uncertainty.

Very poignant, my Friend!
Thank you for requesting the reference!

Best,

Scott​

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barb,

I'm not much for renovation projects....we either hire someone if it's complicated otherwise my wife tackles the job and I'm the gofer.....works for me....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Hi Bill,
Looks like the two of you worked it out! Lol! I always say whatever works!! :)

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(as Scott, the DJ waiter...)

"Please allow me to clear your empty plates.

Are you ready to order?

Tonight's Specials include Heavy Metal...

A "Country" based fare....

or, my favorite,
Specially prepared in our kitchen to your satisfaction, Old-time rock and roll."

"Please take your time, and we DO serve 'multiple plates.'"

Best,

Scott​

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"As a free appetizer, the management and I recommend this tune.

Perhaps your main course order is forthcoming."

Best,

Scott

PS.
Order soon or I'll be fired!​

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Glen Campbell, Southern Nights?
And for the poor souls caught in gridlock trying to get home,Jerry Reed, Lord Mr. Ford.

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've also done major electrical work.

I wired my boss's house during a "new construction,"
(I also did all of the plumbing)

and have rewired an old house, over 100 years old, knowing code requirements and such.

Picture 142.jpg
(electrical spaghetti)

I installed a new supply, meterbox, panel with correct breakers and did all of the wiring.

When the code inspector came, my work was passed.

Best,

Scott

OK.
Time for a story....

I was doing electrical work at a mortuary once,
and, the power being disconnected, I went to the basement seeking the breaker box.

I'm carrying a small flashlight,
and winding my way downstairs in unfamiliar territory,
I come upon an area sheathed by a curtain.

I reached out my hand to move the curtain and exposed
a room where the dead were being "processed" for "display" for funerals.

There was a dead guy on a table in front of me and I QUICKLY turned and ran to daylight.....

That seems to be the last of my electrician career....

Best,

Scott

PS. I am not scared of the dead....
You want another story?​

Last edited:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott,

You're a saint if you can let your clients be that close to you. I'm just the opposite. My clients give me a lot of referrals, and I appreciate every one, but they also know, and tell their friends that if they hover over me, or follow me around the woods, one of two things will happen. Either the price doubles, or I go home. I have a very loyal customer base whom I have worked for for many years, and in 2 cases, 2 generations, and they are happy, and I work that much harder for them. I can't stand to be watched and distracted, and my clients all respect this. It's just my bubbling personality:laughing7: I have found that everyone is different, and the initial consultation tells all, and I have turned down profitable jobs because that first impression was not favorable. I have thousands of dollars still on the books after 20 years because of personalities, and leans on a couple of estates. Friends and family are what they are, but business is business, Sorry for the rant, and you have selected some great music tonight,........Back to the lighter side of life.......Gary

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by in Delight, Arkansas, when I went to Murphreesboro to look for diamonds.

No diamonds but a great trip nonetheless...

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott,

You're a saint if you can let your clients be that close to you. I'm just the opposite. My clients give me a lot of referrals, and I appreciate every one, but they also know, and tell their friends that if they hover over me, or follow me around the woods, one of two things will happen. Either the price doubles, or I go home. I have a very loyal customer base whom I have worked for for many years, and in 2 cases, 2 generations, and they are happy, and I work that much harder for them. I can't stand to be watched and distracted, and my clients all respect this. It's just my bubbling personality:laughing7: I have found that everyone is different, and the initial consultation tells all, and I have turned down profitable jobs because that first impression was not favorable. I have thousands of dollars still on the books after 20 years because of personalities, and leans on a couple of estates. Friends and family are what they are, but business is business, Sorry for the rant, and you have selected some great music tonight,........Back to the lighter side of life.......Gary

I used to have a tenet:

Cheap
Fast
Good

Pick two.

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, the requests are coming in...
Does my soul good!

For you, my Friend....

Best,

Scott​

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to change the flow tonight, Our fine DJ's play us the best of what we request each night, But my question to you is who are your favorite 5 musical groups?

I'll start:
1. Jimmy Buffett
2. Lynard Skynard
3. Eagles/Rush
4. Heart/Moody Blues
5. Billy Joal/Queen

Please note that this is not that easy, and the slash denotes a tie, and could go either way!

Mr. DJ, if you please......"Barracuda" by Heart....................Gary

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Friend,

ALL music is manna to my soul, some more than others....

Music is the universal secret to humanity...Shhh...just our secret....

Best,

Scott​

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread