What's new

Crops Getting Long...Time Getting Short!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took one last swing on the corn field. Best find was my first find...the most intricately decorated tombac I have ever found. Also managed a mangled WWII Canada military button...one I didn't have. Shame about the condition.

Good news is the farmer was cutting his hay fields so those will be good to go this weekend
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160531_204136_edit.webp
    IMG_20160531_204136_edit.webp
    121.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20160531_204141_edit.webp
    IMG_20160531_204141_edit.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20160531_185327_edit.webp
    IMG_20160531_185327_edit.webp
    234.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20160531_195659_edit.webp
    IMG_20160531_195659_edit.webp
    411.1 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 26
I always like to see buttons ...no two are alike :)

I never found a decorated tombak until last winter during a thaw..and found two on a new site. They are the two that are closest to the new penny in my pic.
All these finds were really good condition due to never having fertilizers, etc....but just my luck that I could not find a big copper ...because it would be mint LOL

That big field looks like fun to me
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0499.webp
    DSCN0499.webp
    133.8 KB · Views: 111
Cleaned what was left of the Canada button...
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160531_211114_edit.webp
    IMG_20160531_211114_edit.webp
    86.6 KB · Views: 104
That button is SICK and so unique. Never seen anything like it. I agree with a CTwoods. You could NEVER clean that place out. I wish I had a field that big around here!
 
That button is SICK and so unique. Never seen anything like it. I agree with a CTwoods. You could NEVER clean that place out. I wish I had a field that big around here!

What you see in the picture is probably only a 10th of the entire site...massive!
 
Congratualtions on the interesting finds! :occasion14:

The photo of that large field brings tears (of joy) to my eyes! :icon_thumleft:
 
He sounds like a real nice guy "bring you sandwich" and letting you on with the crop up, a lot of folks won't do that.
That is a neat tombac.
I haven't been out in some time, but did notice an old house with the whole lawn (front, and side) just dug up, pretty sure I can do that.

Good luck this weekend.
 
very nice finds
 
What you see in the picture is probably only a 10th of the entire site...massive!

Dude that's awesome. Very jealous, and bummed that land is too valuable to farm out in coastal MA. The way I see it, a field that big is two things. First, it's therapy. It doesn't matter what you find, because you know you will get a guaranteed escape from the "real" world, a place where you see and hear no one for hours, your entire brain focused on signal interpretation and tuning your machine. Second, it's the chance for a really good find! The busier my life gets, the more the first part is enough for a successful day. The second part is the cherry on top! Good luck pulling some killer finds out of that place.
 
Dude that's awesome. Very jealous, and bummed that land is too valuable to farm out in coastal MA. The way I see it, a field that big is two things. First, it's therapy. It doesn't matter what you find, because you know you will get a guaranteed escape from the "real" world, a place where you see and hear no one for hours, your entire brain focused on signal interpretation and tuning your machine. Second, it's the chance for a really good find! The busier my life gets, the more the first part is enough for a successful day. The second part is the cherry on top! Good luck pulling some killer finds out of that place.
Amen to all you just said brother! I would kill for a solid 8 hours by myself in the woods at times. It amazes me that are lives get so busy that this doesn't seem possible at times. I suppose it makes us appreciate them that much more when we are lucky enough to have them.
Very cool finds btw. I love that button man. Best of luck with those massive fields
 
Dirtwisher you couldn't say it any better! Field work lowers my blood pressure and stress! :headbang:
 
Amen to that! I've spent many, many hours on this field and will spend many more...it's the one site I have that I know the potential is always there for something great...and it IS very relaxing to boot!

Dude that's awesome. Very jealous, and bummed that land is too valuable to farm out in coastal MA. The way I see it, a field that big is two things. First, it's therapy. It doesn't matter what you find, because you know you will get a guaranteed escape from the "real" world, a place where you see and hear no one for hours, your entire brain focused on signal interpretation and tuning your machine. Second, it's the chance for a really good find! The busier my life gets, the more the first part is enough for a successful day. The second part is the cherry on top! Good luck pulling some killer finds out of that place.
 
Nice.
I checked out a new permission earlier today and the weeds are already knee high. I need to get in there really soon.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom