What's new

Crows And Crow Decoys

Cariboo5

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
2,662
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It takes patience and time to gain complete trust from crows as I am finding out. Later when it warms up I am going to set up a table and
see if I can get them to accept feed from my hand. So far this challenge has been enjoyable ..... Couple of cats checked out the decoys and one ate some of the feed.
 

Attachments

  • Cat & Decoys 1.webp
    Cat & Decoys 1.webp
    138.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 2 crows.webp
    2 crows.webp
    388.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Throwing Feed 2.webp
    Throwing Feed 2.webp
    191 KB · Views: 65
  • Throwing Feed 1.webp
    Throwing Feed 1.webp
    251.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Second Cat.webp
    Second Cat.webp
    208.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Cat & Decoys 2.webp
    Cat & Decoys 2.webp
    153.1 KB · Views: 70
It takes patience and time to gain complete trust from crows as I am finding out. Later when it warms up I am going to set up a table and
see if I can get them to accept feed from my hand. So far this challenge has been enjoyable ..... Couple of cats checked out the decoys and one ate some of the feed.
Highly intelligent critters,do them wrong they will remember your face.
 
The crows here will eat the corn the deer leave (which usually isn't much) but will usually fly away if they see a person. Yesterday I had two of them sitting up in a tree watching as I fed the deer, which is the closest they've ever come. They like pulling up the peanut seedlings in the garden to get at the seeds.
 
The crows here will eat the corn the deer leave (which usually isn't much) but will usually fly away if they see a person. Yesterday I had two of them sitting up in a tree watching as I fed the deer, which is the closest they've ever come. They like pulling up the peanut seedlings in the garden to get at the seeds.
I've had them dig up seeds I had just sown.:tongue3:
 
We have two flocks here. Five in one flock that are always nearby. I see them daily. Then there is a big flock of maybe 25. They live about 3 mi away near the lake but come around occasionally. I put cracked corn in my driveway for the birds all winter. The crows have eyeballed it but haven’t had the courage to get any.
 
We had a crow live with us when I was a tot.
Loud in the kitchen in the morning.
Outside I would use Mom's gravy shaker to catch a bee.
Hold the shaker in front of the crow and open it. Crow would catch bee in flight.

No pics of crow.
I took some of the house last spring and met current owner...
 

Attachments

  • 20250507_140451.webp
    20250507_140451.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
In just a short while two crows are more comfortable and trusting. This one flew and landed on the truck mirror
looking for some feed. With luck maybe in a month or so will have them feeding from hand.......
 

Attachments

  • Crow Comfortable.webp
    Crow Comfortable.webp
    112.2 KB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom