What's new

Crushed my oldest Coinstar find today by over 40 years!

Immy

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The fourth stop on my usual route of ten machines is a grocery store that has a small waste basket next to the CS which had an empty container and other debris in it. So I took it outside the store to empty (glad no one stopped me, though I've done this before. Hey, I'm taking the trash out for ya! :laughing7:) Grabbed a handful of loose coins at the bottom, brought it back in and promptly left. Waited till I got to the car to see what I had. Couple of tokens, a dateless wheatie, two foreigns...but what's this?
😲 😲😲
Holy moly! That's a two-cent piece!!! Flipped it over...1864. :hello2::hello2::hello2: Mind...blown!


This was my previous oldest, a 1907 US/Philippines 20 centavos, which is still my oldest silver from CS, found in 2022.
 

Crushed my oldest Coinstar find today by over 40 years!​

t_r.gif
tn_coinstar.gif
t_l.gif

..: FAN·TAS·TIC :..
Here is my CoinStar Surfing Log!​
 
I'm getting groceries Friday AM and there is a coinstar on the way out. Better "take the trash out for them":occasion14:
 
You got me beat by 3 years!
Mine was on top of the ice cooler beside the coinstar at my local grocery store December 12, 2018. (Damn! Nearly 7 years ago!!)
I never in my wildest dreams imagined finding a 2-center from the coinstar... but now I know I'm not the only one!!
Congrats!
Resized_20181212_082006_7956.webp
Resized_20181212_081955_1860.webp
 
Fantastic find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom