What's new

crystals on petrified wood

micro

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2014
Messages
27
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know any information on crystal petrified wood like this and or worth anything. I posted this some time back but didn't add all sides so I added to this list of pics. Thanks !
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140209_095908750_HDR.webp
    IMG_20140209_095908750_HDR.webp
    505.5 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_20140309_092142211.webp
    IMG_20140309_092142211.webp
    508.4 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_20140309_092330409.webp
    IMG_20140309_092330409.webp
    496.5 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_20140309_092518195.webp
    IMG_20140309_092518195.webp
    548.5 KB · Views: 335
  • 1392476025678.webp
    1392476025678.webp
    420.5 KB · Views: 762
Pretty nice piece there. Judging from the size in the picture it's probably worth $15-$20, but those are a lot of crystals, so it may be worth more, depending on who you sold it to.
 
Thank you for your answers! These came from East Tx and am told that petrified wood is found here, the crystal ones are rare.
 
Really nice if the petrified wood is the real deal. :icon_thumright: Advise you to show it to some experienced collectors from the nearest gem & mineral club - many of these amateur clubs include very experienced people with tons of info. In any case, you may decide to keep it because it's a groovy item. HAVE FUN! Andi
 
Looks like Druzy quartz on a piece of fossil wood.
 
The more I look at it the more I am keeping it. I hit a 'pocket' of them and will have to take them to a pro.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom