What's new

CSA buckle

The bullet is real :laughing7:

Common fake using a modern "fantasy" CS buckle (that exact style never existed in the American Civil War). As often seen, the notorious fakers utilize an original dug Civil War minie bullet, with an obvious white patina from being buried over a century, then punch a hole through a readily available contemporary fantasy CS buckle by striking with a hammer and chisel punch, and finish by inserting the authentic bullet. :tongue3:

CC Hunter
 
Upvote 0
Thanks. I knew there is something wrong with this. If I ever find real CSA buckle for 600 euros I buy it :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
this one sold on ebay a few years ago for over $500..
 

Attachments

  • 6f_1_b.webp
    6f_1_b.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 375
  • 6f-aa_1.webp
    6f-aa_1.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 460
Upvote 0
fake wrong type of hooks is a dead give away and edge is wrong
 
Upvote 0
Aquila said:
Thanks. I knew there is something wrong with this. If I ever find real CSA buckle for 600 euros I buy it :icon_thumleft:
Im just curious, why are Europeans fascinated with buying American CW items?
 
Upvote 0
Just curious, :icon_scratch:

Wouldn't the tip of the lead bullet be mushroomed (even a little bit) from piercing the metal buckle? :dontknow:

H_S
 
Upvote 0
Havilah_Springs said:
Just curious, :icon_scratch:

Wouldn't the tip of the lead bullet be mushroomed (even a little bit) from piercing the metal buckle? :dontknow:

H_S
lol yea that lead bullet is perfect.
 
Upvote 0
Did any of you see the Guys on American Pickers buy a US buckle like that.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom