What's new

~~CT Cellar Hole~~On With The Campaign~~

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2010
Messages
3,214
Reaction score
1,770
Golden Thread
2
Location
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
What is up everyone!:hello:
Got out in the woods today out in CT and it was absolutely gorgeous out there!Honestly i could not think of anything else i would of rather have been doing..
Hiked my a$$ off but it felt good..

Got a small KG copper not sure of its variety it's the size of a half cent.

Early draw pull

Killer 1 piece decor button:headbang:

Some cool nails and other relics..I think one of them it an early trumpet mouth piece:dontknow:

Had some nice walls some of them 5 1/2 feet tall i put my detector in the pic for reference.

I gotta make sure i leave absolutely no crumbs for those CT boys when they arrive at this site:thumbsup:


Good luck out there...

~Blaze
 

Attachments

  • P2020018.webp
    P2020018.webp
    91.3 KB · Views: 215
  • P2020015.webp
    P2020015.webp
    100.6 KB · Views: 198
  • P2020011.webp
    P2020011.webp
    95.4 KB · Views: 204
  • P2020020.webp
    P2020020.webp
    96 KB · Views: 205
  • P2020023.webp
    P2020023.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 200
  • P2020034.webp
    P2020034.webp
    85.8 KB · Views: 189
  • P2020033.webp
    P2020033.webp
    84.9 KB · Views: 186
  • P2020032.webp
    P2020032.webp
    81.4 KB · Views: 196
  • P2020031.webp
    P2020031.webp
    73.2 KB · Views: 189
  • P1310001.webp
    P1310001.webp
    85.7 KB · Views: 199
  • P2020035.webp
    P2020035.webp
    83.6 KB · Views: 192
  • P2020036.webp
    P2020036.webp
    88.7 KB · Views: 190
  • P2020037.webp
    P2020037.webp
    90.4 KB · Views: 197
  • P2020040.webp
    P2020040.webp
    95 KB · Views: 190
  • P2020041.webp
    P2020041.webp
    82.5 KB · Views: 194
  • P2020060.webp
    P2020060.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 198
  • P2020059.webp
    P2020059.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 188
  • P2020056.webp
    P2020056.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 199
  • P2020055.webp
    P2020055.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 200
  • P2020046.webp
    P2020046.webp
    43.8 KB · Views: 193
  • P2020065.webp
    P2020065.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 191
  • P2020064.webp
    P2020064.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 190
  • P2020063.webp
    P2020063.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 184
  • P2020062.webp
    P2020062.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 193
  • P2020061.webp
    P2020061.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 197
  • P2020066.webp
    P2020066.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1083.webp
    IMG_1083.webp
    91 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1082.webp
    IMG_1082.webp
    97.4 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Upvote 36
My kind of diggin JB! Were the walls used for property boundaries?
 
I gotta make sure i leave absolutely no crumbs for those CT boys when they arrive at this site
He He, I been leavin a few things out on walls lately...just for you.

Just kidding. You do real good posts. Way cool pics on the stone harvest marks. Love the woods hunting in CT, no matter how the results are.
 
Love the boutton JB!!! Clean it out-Don't leave a trace. WTG, Q.
 
I love those woods hunts, I like the pic of your dog, that's great.
Great finds! :-)
 
Blaze, I gotta say it again, man do I love those CT stone walls.... all over the place up there. :headbang: KG, buttons and a rose head. Well done man! I'm a few states south of you, having beautiful 50 degree days for the last week, and still over a foot of snow on the ground from that 3 foot blizzard we got. What a waste of a perfect detecting day. Jealous and coming on here to get a fix. ha
 
Great pics I could spend gays there. Awesome
 
11.gifKG might be a farthing
 
Johnny BOY!!
Way to go.
Amazing you are getting out in February!!
I'm going to send you a PM,
Would love for you to come to this special hunt I'm throwing.... It's going to be Amazing.
George
 
Nice finds. Glad to hear you were able to take advantage of this great weather. I bring my JRT when I hunt in the woods but I have to keep an eye on her, I'm afraid the coyotes might swoop in and snatch her. That has happened in my area before but thankfully not to my Daisy. If it did, there'd be a few dead 'yotes in the woods.
HH
 
I have a spot that has some stone walls like that too. It 's about 60 yards by 40 yards. Any clue on what the settlers used them for? Thanks for sharing and good job on your finds
 
Cool site, and what in the world is up with that worked half dome rock? Very interesting
 
have you tried sifting any cellar holes - there is so much iron in them (or immediately outside the foundation) - you know a ton is being masked.....
 
Cool site, and what in the world is up with that worked half dome rock? Very interesting

I just noticed that now too! That's pretty awesome... my guess would be a sun dial maybe. Notches close together on the right side could be because the way the rock is oriented as the sun gets lower in the sky and doesn't move the shadow as much.
 
Cool site, and what in the world is up with that worked half dome rock? Very interesting
I wondered that also. That light colored rock is not common in my area of eastern Ct.

You have to wonder why they tried (and failed) to get a piece from the center? The size might give a clue to what they were going to do with it? Maybe a grave marker? IDK

Here is a piece of the light color rock, granite? in my current town. It is right near a 4 walled small cemetery. No cellars near it. The town website says this was once a graveyard from a long abandoned colonial "town", settled in late 1600s but abandoned by 1840, and at some point, the graves were moved to a more conventional cemetery a few miles away.

I suppose this artifact may have been a hitching post for cemetery visitors? IDK
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0005-1.webp
    IMG_0005-1.webp
    102.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0004-1.webp
    IMG_0004-1.webp
    97.4 KB · Views: 97
Nice going JB!! Does that cute Jack Russell find coins too??
 
WTG JB. That sundial rock is pretty wild!
 
My kind of diggin JB! Were the walls used for property boundaries?

Joey yes we are blessed with these walls running everywhere in New England!
The old timer's called them Stone Fences but they plowed the rocks from the fields and used the rocks for property lines,livestock around here called Paddocks and many other uses..

~Blaze
 
Nicely done Mr. Blaze
If I keep picking and picking, patience will produce more artifacts like yours. I have come across numerous boundary field stone walls. The problem is that these areas have been picked over by hunters since the sixties and seventies. They too, tried not to leave any crumbs behind.
The up side is that the machines we use today can detect the presence of metal that they couldn't reach.
Congrats on your finds
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom