What's new

Yesterday was a good day! Rare Ct copper!

41Digger

Full Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2021
Messages
191
Reaction score
1,457
Golden Thread
0
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

​

Got on a virgin early settler site this morning, Didn't have a lot hope when I first got there, but I knew not to draw any conclusions until I did some swinging. No stacked stone involved maybe a couple of larger stones they probably used as the base of the fire place. Chimney stacks can be amazing honey holes! I did dig a complete brick right next to this very rare Hercules head 1786 Miller 5.3-N Connecticut copper, and check out the offset.... They were not there long, but left their mark.... and enduring one now... they are remembered! Now I have to deal with what to do next.... I'm pretty sure this can be cleaned up much better... I have only dry brushed, plus the jeans rub in the video
20260418_171232.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20260418_171220.webp
    20260418_171220.webp
    899.7 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 29
Great one! Restoration is always the challenge, which I cannot seem to master. Perhaps someone will share tips. Good luck on that wonderful coin. Congrats!
 

​

Got on a virgin early settler site this morning, Didn't have a lot hope when I first got there, but I knew not to draw any conclusions until I did some swinging. No stacked stone involved maybe a couple of larger stones they probably used as the base of the fire place. Chimney stacks can be amazing honey holes! I did dig a complete brick right next to this very rare Hercules head 1786 Miller 5.3-N Connecticut copper, and check out the offset.... They were not there long, but left their mark.... and enduring one now... they are remembered! Now I have to deal with what to do next.... I'm pretty sure this can be cleaned up much better... I have only dry brushed, plus the jeans rub in the videoView attachment 2251126
That is one great looking copper! Congrats!!
 
A stellar find - congrats ! :hello2:

Up to you but ...
using "Andre Pencils" should bring out more detail.

Good Luck !
 
Great detail on that one! I collect Connecticut coppers by die variety, if you have any questions about it ask away!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom