Tesoro Tejon,
Whites 6000 di pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Detector Pro Pistol Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,

Back again with some more videos.

This time I am showing the 3 detectors I have in my arsenal.
hello2.gif
headbang.gif
hello2.gif

I am showing air tests......
Pros and cons of each.....
And why I use them.

Here are the videos:

will be adding more to this video series with field tests and more.

I hope this helps out someone like me when I was searching and searching for a detector.

Thanks All....
HH

Last edited:
Upvote 0

opie1976

Greenie
Feb 7, 2011
My House, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trec w/stingray probe and acc, Whites XLT & Acc., AT-Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Ace 250, Fisher 1270, and lots of goodies....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice demonstrations, sheds some preety good light..

HH'ng

paulm777

Sep 5, 2012
Mississippi, Gulf coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Colosprings73, Thank you for the in depth demos of some of the top detectors. I'm pretty interested in the Minelabs CTX. I've been using a Garrett AT-Pro and its been the only detector I've ever used. Was interested in the 3030 but thought the depth would be better on that machine. From what your showing it's better for target ID'ing, with multiple target ID's simultaneously. Let's not forget the GPS functions built in.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not just use the Tejon and forget the others? Does it not have a depth meter? It's interesting that your air tests and ground tests have about the same depth. With machines I used over the years, those readings were totally different. In every case, the real life, in the ground tests, were much deeper than the air tests but some machines were effected more than others. With my old Whites SL90, it will detect coins down to about 9" in favorable soil but once you remove the sod plug and sweep back over the hole, most of the time you won't get a sound on a deep coin. Put the plug back in the hole and sound returns so the difference on the air vs. ground test is about 3" or so depending on the size of the target. On my Excalibur, air tests won't pick up a coin over 12" but I've dug 18"+ targets. I'm still working with the E-trac to get the max out of it.

OP
OP
Colosprings73

Colosprings73

Apr 17, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Fisher CZ3D,
Tesoro Tejon,
Whites 6000 di pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Detector Pro Pistol Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey All

Thanks for the replies.
I just want you all to know I will be doing in ground tests this week so we all can finally see the difference in air and ground testing.

To the one on the AT PRO.....it is a good machine I used it for a while and traded it for the Tejon.

For depth a Tejon can't be beat...except by a PI machine.

Stay tuned this week for new visits.

HH...and may you not have to dig through roots this week :).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread