lawsonland

Oct 1, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently use CTX, Excalibur
Have used V3I, DFX, BHID, ATX, Etrac, TDI, Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My CTX just started acting up, I turn it on its OK but if I press the menu button it goes into some gps screen
some of the buttons do not work or will do something different they they are supposed to. I can't do a master resent because I can move the selection down.

Any other way to reset this thing.. Looks like it needs to be sent in

For a very first step, but in brand new batteries, or fully charge your pack.

As a second step, I've used Minelab Repair twice, and they are great, and they are fast.

And, be sure to listen to all the advice here, a lot of members are incredible.

Will be sending it in for service. Its been fine for a year and all of a sudden This CTX is possessed.
Most of the buttons Don't respond, I can turn it on and still hunt but can't change any settings, its stuck in the last mode it was in, except when it changes modes on its own. When I was hunting the volume limit came up and started moving down, I kept trying to increase it but it just went to 1 and stayed there. Couldn't get that screen back up.
But I did find a 14k ring, couldn't pinpoint (button doesn't work) but was still able to use to the coil to get the general area.

Sounds like keypad is bad...

Sorry to hear about that. I just got one a few months ago and it scares me everytime i use it lol. Mainly cause my ATP died recently. Im sure they will take care of you thou, hope you got a back up machine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back