What's new

Cuff button age needed

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OK. These are cool. I found them today on opposite ends of a large field. One button has two men shaking hands and the other is an animal running...I guess. What do you think the age is? Most likely, civilian right? Mike
 

Attachments

  • DSC00058.webp
    DSC00058.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC00059.webp
    DSC00059.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC00060.webp
    DSC00060.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 202
I believe they are cufflink halves. Early 1800's I'd say.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Yep they are early. The clasped hands design was more popular on coins than buttons, don't think I've seen that on a button. The animal looks like a rabbit.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Yep they are early. The clasped hands design was more popular on coins than buttons, don't think I've seen that on a button. The animal looks like a rabbit.

Or 1790s at earliest. I think it maybe a 'Hare'
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
Yep they are early. The clasped hands design was more popular on coins than buttons, don't think I've seen that on a button. The animal looks like a rabbit.

Or 1790s at earliest. I think it maybe a 'Hare'


Yes... The story of the Indian & the Hare. :D
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
Yep they are early. The clasped hands design was more popular on coins than buttons, don't think I've seen that on a button. The animal looks like a rabbit.

Or 1790s at earliest. I think it maybe a 'Hare'


Yes... The story of the Indian & the Hare. :D

sounds interesting, how did it go....... :laughing7:

Fotgot to say, I think the Hare/Rabbit cufflink is a stella find. Anything with animals on, of this age are very cool & collectable. I would be very pleased to get that in the UK 8) 8)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom