What's new

✅ SOLVED Cuff link or button or ??

robertk

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 16, 2023
Messages
7,089
Reaction score
34,385
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at a late 1800's home site. I'm not sure what metal it is -- the target ID would make me think it's brass, but brass usually tarnishes red, while this is black. It does not appear to have any markings or writing on it. Does anyone know what this is? Penny is for size reference. Front, side, and back.

IMG_3335.webp IMG_3336.webp IMG_3337.webp
 
Well found
It's often called a pack rivet/leather strap rivet.
1800 stuff right there, so good stuff is hiding down below.
 
Upvote 1
Upvote 1
I hope so. I keep digging. 😊🤞
From digging on my property I find stuff that seemed to not there before.
But things move around especially when the deep frosts heave the soils and it changes a site ever so slightly.
I always get a little rush when I dig up a pack rivet-means that there was activity and it's old.
Best of luck on the next outing, great to see you still digging.
We had nearly 2.5" of rain on the 17/18th then the cold set in, kind of like a big ice cube in my world.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks to you both for the ID.
 
Upvote 1

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom