What's new

cuff or lapel?

Digger54

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
659
Reaction score
892
Golden Thread
0
Location
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Bandido II, Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB, Deus2, Manticore.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi;

Shown are three dime sized items that I don't know what they are for. They are all the same in that they have a fixed rivet attachment on the back. The one turned sideways is missing it's face but I believe it was a political as the wood/paper backing has a building on it. The decorative glass (?) I dug yesterday. I was guessing lapel?
 

Attachments

  • lapel1.webp
    lapel1.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 231
What it is? What it was? What it...

I'm bumping this request hoping to get an ID.
 

Attachments

  • lapelsidex.webp
    lapelsidex.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 166
Upvote 0
Could be a stud that takes the place of the button on the front of the shirt. My mess dress shirt has them!

Mike
USAF Retired
 
Upvote 0
Heres a pic from my 1909 Sears Roebuck on "collar buttons." I dont know if it helps any.
 

Attachments

  • collar buttons.webp
    collar buttons.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 105
  • collar buttons.webp
    collar buttons.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
Yeppers, they are late Victorian shirt studs and/or collar buttons. :thumbsup: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Cool.

Thanks for the IDs! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom