Curious if anyone else plays Xbox 360 video games.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading some posts this morning I wondered if any of us besides me plays Xbox 360 video games and which ones you enjoy the most.

I don't care for the online games where you can play with others as a team because I don't enjoy being shot in the back of the head and killed by a ten year old.

I like Oblivion, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 3 and Fallout Los Vagas. Tried Halo Reach and thought it was simply for kids.

No X-Box's here Sandman.
We have a WII and do bowling and other games like that during the long and cold winter days here.

Were still using my old Atari here. Love Missile Command and River Raid. I know its an antique but its paid for.

I'm a PC Gamer type. Playing Black Ops...I couldn't resist this one as I have played them all, but have gradually cut down my game-time over the last several years. Played FO3...not Vegas yet. I got a new video board as my older one showed its age with the new game.

I don't do much multiplayer either...its fun for an adrenalin rush, or if you have some buddies, but it seems like the mind can only deal with a finite amount of virual death. :evil6:

FCCDFEd said:
Were still using my old Atari here. Love Missile Command and River Raid. I know its an antique but its paid for.

I used to really get excited with Missile Command but always got blown up. Gators always got me with River Raid. I can't remember what happened to the Atari we had. Games have come a long way.

Yep, I play Xbox 360 games too. My taste in games may be similar to yours. I have/had Oblivion, fallout 3 (no add ons yet), Ghost Warrior 1 & 2, Rainbow 6 1 & 2, several of the Medal of Honor games, Fable 2, currently playing Fable 3, The Saboteur... you get the idea. Mostly first person shooters, military type games.

I guess I could have taken a screenshot, but I didn't think about it...my daughter thought it was wierd enough to take a pic tho...

Black Ops - WWII - wierd dead nazi...lol...

Attachments

• nazi_neck.jpg
    nazi_neck.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 161
PC gamer . . . like actually having some control over my video and the quality of my gaming experience.

Currently totally absorbed in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 . . . stay away! Addictive!

Also run HP2 to keep in touch with some friends, rFactor racing simulator (Fantastic!), as well as the freebie "Alien Arena" (a quake variation) when I'm feeling particularly destructive.

Smee said:
PC gamer . . . like actually having some control over my video and the quality of my gaming experience.

Currently totally absorbed in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 . . . stay away! Addictive!

Also run HP2 to keep in touch with some friends, rFactor racing simulator (Fantastic!), as well as the freebie "Alien Arena" (a quake variation) when I'm feeling particularly destructive.

I saw the previews...and purposefully did not look for it when I went to the store. I've played all the NFS titles since inception and they are highly addictive.

Well, I'll admit it. When the grandson is off at school, I take charge of his XBox. I like the 'Call of Duty' series, because sometimes it's just very relaxin to kill a bunch of people on the TV. Generally though, solitaire with a deck of cards fills all my 'gaming needs'.

Still working the FPS PC games (Battlefield series at the moment), used to run all the COD/RB6 vegas games etc but it gets expe$ive real quick. Kids have Xbox and somewhere in the attic is an original Nintendo system with 40/50 games, controllers and other paraphernalia that might get pulled out in 10 or 20 years for sheetz 'n giggles. :wink:

Still got a way to go to get as fast as some of these kids . . . us old people like to drive fast too:

[youtube=425,350]3SqiwyBRjhU[/youtube]​

Having a hard time learning to "Powerslide" (I think the kids call it drifting), but getting better at it.

Smee said:
Still got a way to go to get as fast as some of these kids . . . us old people like to drive fast too:

[youtube=425,350]3SqiwyBRjhU[/youtube]​

Having a hard time learning to "Powerslide" (I think the kids call it drifting), but getting better at it.

Not to shabby a run! I no longer have the thumbs for console games (cannot feather the buttons any longer), have yet to
try a wheel/pedal set-up.

Had a player pop into our BFBC2 server tonight (running the Vietnam mod), "smeekiller", wasn't you was it?

Thanks! This is the most fun driving game I've played in a while.

Nope, the only FPS I play is Alien Arena.

I do have a few enemies in the gaming world, but lots of friends. We used to have a large group called Hammerdown242, but it kind of fell apart. Some of us got back together at the PhoenixRacingLeague.com. Drop round sometime. Not as lively as it once was, but still a fun bunch always willing to help others improve their driving.

Use a wheel now, but got started on a Logitech Wingman wireless controller with the two joysticks, hat, and 8 buttons. Great controller to wear out. Now I have an old Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback wheel. Times came down noticeably when I finally got used to the change.

In the old Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 world, ASAC had me ranked in the top 100 in the fastest class, and #40 in overall (compilation of all 5 classes). Been accused of cheating, which the kiddies do when you can out drive them. Ran an HP2 game server and had to block a bunch from Montevideo, Uruguay . . . been called some ugly names by them and that is one of the handles that used to pop up on my server.

If it's the same person, watch out as he is a hacker . . . and a pretty decent one. He got through my peerblock on my server more than once.

BTW, went back this evening and dropped the time to 3:00.36 with my next run, but didn't have fraps running to record it. It's even better when the cops are chasing you!

:laughing9: My middle son is a xbox 360 fanatic, and that is putting it mildly, he is hard core gamer, I play the Sims2 myself, have been playing it for years, and have even shared some lots with other players that I created! :laughing9:

XBox 360 here. I love playing online, except with satellite you cannot connect due to a one second delay that ruins everything. Anyways, My favorite game right now is Modern Warfare 2. Trying to beat all the challenges on veteran is impossible by myself, so I wait until my brother in law comes over and we play then. After the first of the year I will be getting about 6 more games since all the others I beat in about 3 days. Can't wait to get DSL out here!

Yep, I have a few Xbox 360s. They are built in China junk, so I now have 5 and the one I am currently using has been repaired 6 or 7 times I think. The online play is so much better with the Xbox though, so that's what I use. The Call of Duty games are what I play. My wife and I get online and team up with some other friends most nights and shoot for a while instead of watching tv. It's fun except when the game has too much lag, which is often lately.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back