What's new

Curious something or nothing?

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2012
Messages
1,487
Reaction score
1,648
Golden Thread
1
Location
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this piece in a creek bed here in northwest ct. I'm curious if this is a pottery shard or if its natural it looks like it could have pigment on it or some kind of rust stain. Am I seeing something that its not or is it something? Thank you for your help. -Justin
 

Attachments

  • image-2217078070.webp
    image-2217078070.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 0
Justin. I don;t see any evidence of it ever being worked by man. It's just a natural rock, not an artifact.
 
Thank you I thought it could possibly be a pottery shard nature has a way of tricking you sometimes.
 
Thank you I thought it could possibly be a pottery shard nature has a way of tricking you sometimes.

We know well, how often anyone can be fooled, at least briefly. You will find that most pottery shards will not be completely flat. A sight curvature can often be detected, even on small pieces.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom